Presented By: BOTTA SAIKIRAN
What is Social media Marketing ?
• "Social media" is a way for people to communicate
and interact online.
• This year, we saw a recognizable boom of the social
media industry. More than 1 billion people are now
using Facebook, and more than 80% of small
businesses use social media for their branding and
• Among the biggest global brands, almost 99% have
a social media presence.
• The big three of social media—Facebook, LinkedIn,
and Twitter—are the most prominent platforms for
To Talk Numbers………………
• India-World's 7th Largest Internet Market growing at
11.2% : ComScore
• There are 21 million people in India who are estimated
to visit social media sites regularly which is 60.3% of
the total active Indian Internet audience
• More than 90% of Indian online users belong to 18-45
age group which has high purchase power and high
• A typical Social media site visitor in India spends 110.4
minutes on the site and makes 10.4 visits per month to
a social network
• The Social Media Websites in India are growing by
almost 100% year after year
Why businesses are using Social
Users access Social Media content while
looking at updates from friends, searching
and Ads. Business can get their message
delivered through all these channels.
Social Media is the cheapest to aggregate
audience & nurture them before they are
Social Media gives an opportunity to create
brand advocacy, which ultimately leads to
approach most customers.
1. Facebook at a Glance
2. Facebook Organic Marketing
3. Facebook Paid Advertising
4. Facebook Ad types
5. Facebook Targeting
6. Facebook retargeting
► 400 million mobile only users
► 1.28 billion monthly active users
► 829 million people use Facebook on a
► 1.01 billion monthly active users
► Users spend on average 18
minutes per day in Facebook –
more than any other social
Ad Revenue Breakdown
► 62% of ad revenue is from mobile ads
More than 18 million
business pages are
competing for News Feed
space on Facebook.
Perfect Facebook Post
• Post on Saturdays and Sundays and post after regular work
hours. The best window for a work day is 5:00 p.m. to 1:00 a.m.
Posts after hours drive engagement:
Create an Offer
TIP: Boost the offer to
your targeted audience.
Facebook Paid Ads
Pay to play by boosting your posts or creating
sophisticated ads leveraging targeting and databases.
The Difference Between “Boosts” and all
• AFacebook BOOST means taking your organic post and
adding dollars and targeting to reach more people. The
placement for a BOOST is always in the News Feed.
• AFacebook PAID AD means
• Choosing one of 10 ROI goals.
• Using a higher level of audience targeting than Boosts.
ability to see reach increase and decrease as you adjust settings.
ability to target custom audiences (i.e. your email list).
option to choose between ads that appear on Mobile, Desktop
News Feeds, and the Desktop Right Hand Column
• Uploading optimized image, title and compelling text.
• Scheduling and budget setting.
What’s your marketing objective?
• Boost your posts
• Promote your page
• Reach people near your business
• Increase brand awareness
• Send people to your website
• Get installs of your app
• Raise attendance at your event
• Get video views
• Collect leads for your business
• Increase conversions on your website
• Increase engagement in your app
• Get people to claim your offer
• Promote a product catalog
• Get people to visit your stores
Is more like an advertisement.
Smaller image and does not have
native social features of News Feed
boosts or ads.
Generally costs less than News
Reach to massive FB audience
Lower cost than tradition News Feed ads
Right-Hand Column (RHC)
► Most effective ad unit in
► Also costs more than the desktop news
► Can drive traffic to your mobile web site
by retargeting desktop site visitors
when they browse the Facebook News
Feed from an phone or a tablet.
Mobile Facebook News Feed Ads
► Drive mobile app adoption with ads
that send users to theAppleApp
Store or Google Play where they
can install the app with a single
Mobile FacebookApp Install Ads
What is Facebook Retargeting?
Prospect visits your web site, gets cookied.
Prospect then surfs the world-wide-web and sees your
banner ad on Desktop and Mobile devices.
Prospects surfs Facebook and sees your Boosts and
Facebook Ads on Desktop and Mobile devices.