Sage Summit 2013: Sage 300 ERP Upgrade Best Practices for Partners
Sage 300 ERP
Upgrade Best Practices
• In order to receive CPE credit for this session, you must be present for the entire
– Session Code: P-61
– Recommended CPE Credit = 1
– Delivery Method = Group Live
– Field of Study = Specialized Knowledge and Applications
• Visit the Sage Summit Connect kiosks to enter CPE credit during the conference.
• Ron Fernandez- Customer Support Analyst Sr
• We will review the steps for a successful upgrade, including reviewing custom
applications, reports, and macros. You will learn the "gotchas" that our support team
handles to proactively avoid the same challenges. Even if you're an "Upgrade Expert,"
you will gain valuable information to help you take your business to the most current
version of Sage 300 ERP.
• Follow Sage on Twitter: @Sage_Summit
• Follow Sage 300 ERP Customer Support: @sage300erpcs
What is it?
What can we check?
Why is it Important?
Before Upgrading – To Do List
• Back up your Databases
• Obtain the Activation Codes
• Review the Documentation
• Sage 300 ERP Readme
• Sage 300 ERP Installation Guide
• Sage 300 ERP Update Notice
• Preparing for the Upgrade
• Performing the Upgrade
• Post Upgrade procedures
Key Things to Prepare for
• Customized solutions
• Different reporting tools
• Compatibilities with Sage 300
• Back up custom reports/macros
• Strongly recommended to upgrade to the latest service pack
before you upgrade to the current version.
• If you’re on 5.6, it can be upgraded to ERP 2012 directly.
• Run Day End (If Inventory Control is installed)
• Post all open batches
• Don’t Forget the 3rd party solutions
• Check Data Integrity and Correct any errors
Top 3 Tips
• Create Test Environment and run a test upgrade
• Do not force through an upgrade, perform all required steps
Upgrade Steps for Sage 300 ERP
- Uninstall the previous version of System Manager
- Install Sage 300 ERP Programs
- Install the latest Product Update
- Enter License Information
- Activate your data
Post Upgrade Procedures
For Sage 300 ERP
- Run Data Integrity for each module
- Run selected reports to confirm information is the same
- If you want information about the latest database and
report changes for any application, check the
TECHINFO and FORMS documents on the Portal.
Post Upgrade Procedures
For Custom Applications, Reports & Macros
- Ensure any application runs as expected
-For example if you use SageCRM you may need
to re-install the integration component
- Confirm Custom Reports & macros work
Your Feedback is Important to Us!
• Completing a session survey is fast and easy:
Complete the survey on your mobile phone, laptop, or tablet
through the Sage Summit mobile app.
– IOS, Blackberry, or Android users may download the app from the
at the App Store by searching “Sage Summit”.
• Remember each completed survey is another entry for one of several daily prize
drawings, including an Apple iPad!
• Your feedback helps us improve future sessions and presentation techniques.
• Session code for this session: P-61
• Presenter Contact Information: Ron Fernandez
– Support line 1800-253-1372
– Twitter @sage300erpcs
– Don’t forget to use the Sage Summit mobile or web app for all your conference
Thank you for your participation.