Wait! Exclusive 60 day trial to the world's largest digital library.
The SlideShare family just got bigger. You now have unlimited* access to books, audiobooks, magazines, and more from Scribd.Cancel anytime.
Who is Mercator, and how did he change navigation forever? If you’ve ever had to analyze a map or GPS navigation data, chances are you’ve encountered and even worked with the world of coordinate systems. Coordinate systems are becoming more and more important now that we have historical data that is continually updating and moving through GPS systems. But, not everyone knows why we have coordinate systems, or how to deal with them in a way that will maximize the value of their data.
During this webinar, you’ll learn exactly what coordinate systems are and how you can use FME to transform your coordinate system data in an easy to understand way, accurately represented in the geographical space that it exists within. Our team of Support Specialists will walk you through:
- An overview of coordinate systems
- Why we need datums and projections, and units between coordinate systems
- How FME handles coordinate systems
- A brief summary of the 3 main reprojectors
- Issues with datums and why we are moving towards a time based datum
- Where we are heading with FME on coordinate systems
Don’t miss the opportunity to improve the value you receive from your coordinate system data, ultimately allowing you to streamline your data analysis and maximize your time. See you there!