What is a Blog?
According to Wikipedia, a blog is a discussion or informational
site published on the World Wide Web and consisting of discrete
entries typically displayed in reverse chronological order.
In more simpler words, it’s just like any other website on the
internet, but the owner of the blog keeps it updated with posts
on a regular basis. A regular website is static while a blog is
dynamic which updates frequently with latest content.
Broadly there are two types of blogs
◦ Personal Blogs
◦ Corporate/Organizational Blogs
Personal blogs can be further divided into two types
◦ Commercial (for earning money)
◦ Non-commercial (for sharing your own world)
Corporate blogs are mainly used for sharing their
own news and other information and hardly used for
Top 10 Blogs In The World And Their Earning
1. The Huffington Post - Around $30,000 a day (Alexa – 81)
2. Mashable - Around $15,000 a day (Alexa – 220)
3. Techcrunch - Around $14,000 a day (Alexa – 397)
4. Engadget - Around $10,000 a day (Alexa – 513)
5. Smashing Magazine - Around $6500 a day (Alexa – 1176)
6. Tuts+ - Around $5000 a day (Alexa – 725)
7. Lifehacker - Around $4800 a day (Alexa – 479)
8. Gizmodo - Around $4000 a day (Alexa – 539)
9. Perez Hilton - Around $3,500 a day (Alexa – 1106)
10. Joystiq - Around $1,700 a day (Alexa – 4077)
Alexa Ranking as on March 10, 2014
You can also have your own blog and start
generating an income from the Internet.
To setup your own blog, there are a few
Lead Capture System
◦ You need a name for your blog which visitors will click to visit your site. For example, my
personal blog is at http://blog.sadhansamanta.com.
◦ You can register your Domain Name from a registrar like GoDaddy.
◦ Once you get a Domain Name, you need to have a place to host your blog.
◦ You can buy hosting from GoDaddy or GVO, which is also very good and cheap.
◦ Right now the most famous Blogging Platform is WordPress and the best part is it’s free of
cost as well!
◦ If buy hosting from GoDaddy or GVO, they have the option to install WordPress from within
your control panel.
◦ In WordPress, you can easily install themes or advertisement links to monetize your blog.
Lead Capture System
◦ The other way of monetizing from your blog is capturing leads (visitors to your blog), so
that you can provide them the solution (market them) whatever they are looking for.
◦ The best Lead Capture System I have found is Aweber. GVO also provides lead capture and
email marketing solutions, and if you buy domain from them, then everything remains at
the same place.
Once you have everything set up and your blog is ready, now you
can monetize it. For that you have to:
Blog daily – keep the content updated
Give quality content – quality is the key here
Tell as many people as you can about your blog using Social
Media or paid strategies
Put advertisements from sponsors or Google Ads or your own
affiliate offerings on your blog
The key here is to give good quality content with proper Search
Engine Optimization so that your blog comes up in Google and
other search engines.
Good content will drive free traffic to your blog and increase your
site ranking/authority, which in turn will increase your income.
There are many websites which also offer free
blogs, but with free blogs, there are lots of
Most of them DO NOT allow you to monetize your
They have strict guidelines as to what you can post in
Hardly any of them allow you to capture leads.
Remember, leads are the lifeblood of your business.
Whatever you post on free blogs, basically they own
In comparison, with paid blogs, you do not face any
If you do not want to take the trouble of registering Domain
Name, Hosting, setting up your blog, installing plugins to make it look good as
well as more functional to monetize to its best potential, then the solution is to
buy a full-fledged blogging platform like Empower Network which removes all that
Remember, when doing it all by yourself, the whole process can take anywhere
from 1 day to 1 month to never, depending on your expertise level.
Getting traffic and having an authority on the internet is an another struggle.
With an Alexa ranking of 428
(as on March 10, 2014), compared to
Top 10 Blogs above, Empower Network
is already a high authority blog!
Empower Network Blog provides you with:
• A core 'Done for You' Blogging System, INSTANTLY Set-Up in "Money Getting" Format.
• You can start driving traffic and generating leads as soon as you start!
• A complete 8-Step 'Money Getting' Formula Video Training Series with most effective
ways to build a successful online business and the Core 'Must Have' principals to
Effective Entrepreneurship in today’s market.
• 24/7 Easy access to the most successful "Money-Getting Bloggers" in our online
• Instant Access to Empower Network’s NEW Mobile Application (FREE Upgrade) Upload
Text & Images right to your Blog with just a few clicks from any MOBILE device.
• Multiple Blogs! That’s right - Blog about your Products. Blog about your Business.
Blog about your Family, or your favorite Hobbies, or Sports Teams, or ANYTHING, all
on different Blogs, for the same low price of only $25! And control them all from one
simple, proprietary Viral Blogging Dashboard!