To understand about the areas of the nano medicine, advantages and the
limitations of that related nano medicine applications and suggest new ideas
that could bridge gaps in the field and finally submit the review paper with all
• To study about the nano medicine applications.
• To study about advantages and limitations of the nano medicine
• Critically review the literature written on the topic.
• Suggest research areas that will broaden the knowledge the subject.
• Analyze all the data and submit the review paper with all the compressed
• Disease and ill health are caused largely by damaged at the
molecular and cellular level.
• Today’s surgical tools are huge and imprecise in comparison.
What is Nano Medicine???
• Nanomedicine is a field of new research area based on
diagnosing, treating to patients, preventing disease, injury and
relieving pain and improve health of human by using nano
• Particles that exist on a nano metered scale.
Advantages of Nanoparticles
• Small size and smaller dosage form.
• Less toxicity.
• Increase bioavailability.
• High surface area and it helps to proper dispersion.
• Modification using for high capacity.
• Selectivity by using functional groups.
• Enhanced sensitivity and reduced instrumentation size
APPLICATIONS OF NANOMEDICINE
Application of nanomedicine span across a variety of areas such
• Drug delivery
• In medical nano robots
• Gene delivery
• Cancer detection
• Drug Delivery Systems (DDS) intended to deliver predetermined
rates of drugs in predetermined time period. It focused to
deliver targeting tags to a desirable group of cells such as
tumors, diseased tissues.
• 2 types
Nanorobots in Nanomedicine
• Nanorobotics is an emerging new field that benefited for
clinical and healthcare by delivering drugs and reveal
symptoms in human body.
• Used in
early diagnosis of cancer
treatment of diabetes
• Gene delivery is a lately introduced considerable area for the
treatments and prevention genetic ailments in medicine.
• Correcting defective or muted gene by inserting normal gene
within genome to replace a nonfunctional gene or genetic
materials like DNA, RNA, oligo-nucleotides
• Nanotechnology has found many new ways in detecting cancer
cells and how far the disease has spread throughout the body.
• Gold nanoparticles can be used as both detecting and
destroying cancer cells.
• The problem is that the particles are so small that they are
passing through healthy cells and making them mutate into
Advantages of Nanomedicine
• Can able to deliver drugs to the exact location.
• Lesser side effects.
• Detection is relatively easy.
• No surgery required.
• Diseases can be easily cured.
• It is necessary to address about toxicity issues for the human health.
• Is those materials are eco-friendly?
• It is difficult to developed nanomaterials with advanced properties.
• It requires high level expertise knowledge for nanomedicine.
• Only few nanoparticle formulations have been approved for the
clinical usage in the study and treatment of tumors (oncology).
• It needed to huge knowledge and better understanding about the
physical properties of the nanoparticles to design development of
optimal distribution in tumors. So the specialized scientist and
clinicians are infrequent.
• Realization of the full potential of nanomedicine may be years
or decades away, recent advances in nanotechnology related
drug-delivery, diagnosis and drug development are beginning
to change the landscape medicine.
• Nanomedicine is effective, safe and could greatly reduce the
cost of current medical procedures.
• So nanomedicine is future medicine.
• It will be more useful expand the area of Nanomedicine to
detecting and deliver the drugs which diseases caused by
• For eg:- HIV AIDS