Successfully reported this slideshow.
You’ve unlocked unlimited downloads on SlideShare!
Page 1 of 6
A10, Megh Malhar, Gawand Path, Naupada, Thane (West), Maharashtra, India –400 602.
Email ID: email@example.com | Contact No. : +91 9930977348, +91-022-25423128
EX EC U TIVE SU MMERY
Extensive experience of 14+ years in management of projects in research and development
Proven abilities of devising technology strategy and technology aggregation in product
Demonstrated skilled new product development following phase gate process from concept to
commissioning process and on time delivery.
Established a strong process of capturing need identification and converting it into product
feature for development.
Contributed and lead projects in areas of metallurgy, user survey analysis, product design,
business development for R&D and sourcing for R&D.
Lead R&D projects having revenue prospects worth INR 150 Cr.
Strategy development for futuristic technology and products
Heading a team of 25 technologists in various competencies at R&D.
Infrastructure and manpower planning
Customer interaction for program and project initiation, execution and implementation
Management and control of purchase for R&D.
Administration, system compliance to ISO 9001:2000, ISO 27001, NABL
NPD Phase gate planning.
Infrastructure and manpower requirement analysis, ROI, NPV, budgeting
Analysis tools: QFD, FMEA, DOE
Issue resolution, effective implementation of developments at R&D
Networking with academic institutions and consultants.
CG R&D, Crompton Greaves Ltd. (February 2001till date)
1. Department head, Industrial Design Center
2. Department head, Procurement
3. Department head, Product Incubation Centre
4. Manager Technology, Materials and Process Technology Centre
5. Executive Technology, Materials and Process Technology Centre
[Career progression: ExecutiveTechnology (2001-2007) (E1-E2), Dy.Manager-Technology (2007-2009), Manager
Technology (2009-2013) , Sr. Manager Technology (2013 onwards)]
Refer:Experience in consumer product and technology development
Page 2 of 6
High Places Management Pvt ltd.(November 1999 till January 2001)
Role: Marketing executive and organizational development facilitator
1. Design and development of Smart Mixer Grinder : NEOLA
Objective: A user centric design with pre-set menu driven control for perfect mixing grinding.
Managed the innovation driven team.
Facilitated user expectation analysis, ergonomics, reliability analysis and manufacturability
The product is commercialized in Jan 2014.
2. Design and development of ‘two turn primary’ for current transformers.
Objective: Simplified design at better value preposition.
A monolithic design of ‘two turn primary’ for current transformer
Achieved reduction of about 15 components from the existing design.
Filed a patent for the aluminium-epoxy structural design.
3. Bio-mimicry design of ceiling fan - Seagull
Objective: Designing an aerofoil fan blade for high efficiency in air delivery of ceiling fan.
Achieved air delivery of 205 cfm @ 270 rpm against standard ceiling fans delivering 215 cfm
Encouraged the team to come up with innovative design using biomimicry approach.
Commercialized October 2012. Achieved entry in new market segment with high efficiency
Filed a patent on ‘air cutting angles’ for the design.
4. Design and development of high pressure storage water heater – MAGNA
Objective: Development of mild steel storage tank based water heater for high rise building.
Achieved higher margins of about 15% in the product category
Commercialized first 10 bar pressure sustaining product in water heater segment.
Achieved a corrosion life of 2500 hrs in salt spray test as per ASTM B117.
5. Other product development projects.
1. LEED (leadership in energy andenvironment design) compliant LED based task light
2. Form based design projects: Dead tank voltage transformer, Solarium LUA geyser, VYOM
– LED based street light
3. Interface design: Building management system, video management system, condition
monitoring devices, RF remote control for ceiling fan, Geyser with remote control.
4. A study project on Visual Brand Identity for CG consumer products.
5. Multiple short projects with MIT, Pune and IITB
Page 3 of 6
6. Welding process establishment for aluminium magnesium alloys
Objective: Analyse and establish welding process for 6XXX series aluminium tanks for
switchgears to eliminate failures in welding.
Analyse weld quality and process parameters.
Establish welder qualification as per ASME section IX.
Metallurgical analysis of base material and weld area.
7. Premium Efficiency range MV motor development
Objective: Development of 3 to 15HP induction motors as per NEMA premium efficiency norms.
Drilled down analysis of rotating machines to understand effect on efficiency.
Modified soft magnetic material to achieve requirements of IE4 efficiency.
Reduction of friction and windage losses.
Worked with copper die casting development process replacing aluminium in rotor slots.
8. Development of soft magnetic materials
Objective: To develop optimized processing parameters to achieve wide range semi processed
electrical steel for rotating machines.
Development of low cost, semi-processed cold rolled non-oriented (CRNO) steel.
Establishing continuous annealing furnace at Stamping division, CGL, Ahmednagar.
The grades are commercially offered with properties ranging between 7W/kg till 3.2W/kg at
1.5 Tesla at 50 Hz.
9. Surface finish improvement of CGL products
Objective: To achieve world class surface finish in industrial and consumer products offered by
Root cause analysis of poor surface finish on products.
Established fabrication process parameters
Established surface coating schemes and parameters for different product ranges.
Established surface treatment processes for different product ranges.
10.Development of low cost high fluidity grade aluminium for die casting
Objective: To achieve thin walled PDC and GDC components at low cost and high quality.
Alloy design by experimenting different compositions of Si, Mn, Fe and Mg.
Metallurgical analysis to optimize fluidity and mechanical properties.
Establish consistency in properties using grain refinement and process control.
Past Organization: High Places Management Pvt. Ltd., Pune Duration: 1999-2001
Designation: Marketing executive / Consultant
Marketing of organizational development programs.
Facilitated in organizational development based on outdoor management development
Page 4 of 6
Filing Date T itle Inventor
Patent No.: 259738
Batch Process For Producing Non-Oriented
Electrical Steel Sheet
Ingle Asha, Joshi Sachin,
662/MUM/2010 12-Mar-2010 Domestic Storage Water Heater
Ingle Asha, Joshi Sachin,
An Accelerated Method For The Manufacture
Of Vacuum Interrupter
Joshi Sachin, Kulkarni
Sandeep, More Sachin,
A Device For Indirect Rapid Cooling Of
Components In A Furnace
Ingle Asha, Joshi Sachin
A Rotopainting MachineFor Painting
Storage Water Heater Tanks
Ingle Asha, Joshi Sachin,
Casing For Motors With Metal-Polymer
Jain Gaurav, Joshi Sachin
27 0/MUM/2014 24-Jan-2014 An improved instrument transformer
Pankaj Upadhyay, Sachin
Joshi, Sarang Kusale,
1. Sachin Joshi, ‘Need of users study by service, production and scientist to design safer,
comfortable, desirable and efficient or just THE product’, National conference on design
management, (2011), Mumbai, India.
2. Jayshri Dumbre, Sachin Joshi, Asha Ingle, Vivek Singal, ‘Case study on geyser failure
analysis’, a National conference on National Metallurgist day & Annual Technical Meet of ASM
International (NMD ATM-2009), at Kolkata, India.
E d u ca t ion a l Q u a l if ica t i on
M.B.A. – Financial Managem ent, (Aug. - 2010) Secured 63.30%
Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai.
B.E. – Production Engineering, (May - 1999) Aggregate 57.0%
K J Somaiya Collegeof Engineering, Mumbai.
Diplom a in Mechanical Engineering, (May - 1996) Secured 61.45%
Shreeram Polytechnic, Airoli, BTE, Mumbai.
C u r r i cu l u m Pr oj e ct s
M.B.A. Project: ‘Toexamine the stock market response tothe nuclear treaty signed by India and US’.
Project was executed by using event study methodology and applying Fama French Model. The conclusion shows that there is very
littleeffect of indo-US nuclear treaty as Indian industry is y et getting geared up for nuclear power plants. The major play ers
working in the sector of nuclear power plant are v ery few in India and ar e mainly dependent on the technology abroad.
B.E. Project: Structural modifications in raising hearth furnace at CGL, Mumbai as in -plant trainee.
Optimization of furnacefootprint,reduction of thermallosses for holding Al-alloys and in-situ modification of molten Al-alloy s.
Page 5 of 6
T r a i nin g and Awards
Best proactive leadershipaward andBest Team performance in broadening horizons (middlemanagement leadership
training program) – 201 0
Completed 2 phases of behavioral sciences with professional bodies like Aastha, Banglore and Sumedhas, Delhi.
Completed basic course of mountaineering with ‘A’ grade at Nehru institute of mountaineering.
Project management institute certification training
TRIZ Level 1 certification completed
Continuous Education Programme (CEP) on Paint Technology by IIT Bombay
‘Metallurgy for non-metallurgist’ by ASM, Mumbai Chapter
Certificate course on ‘Design for six sigma’ at CGL
Internal auditor training for ISO9001 , ISMS( ISO 27 001 ), NABL
Pr of e s s i on a l Me m b e r s h ip
1. PMI, MumbaiChapter,2010-11
2. ASM International, 2007-2010
3 . NACE, 2008-2009 (through corporate membership)
Pe r s on a l D e t a i l s
Date of Birth : 31 -March-1975
Sex : Male
Nationality : Indian
Languages Known : English, Hindi, Marathi
Trekking, Photography, Reading, Biking, Writing,Product Innovation.
R e f e r e n ce s
Mr. Vasant V.Limaye Prof. Vijay Gondhalekar
CEO & MD Professor,
High Places Management Pvt.Ltd. Dept. of Finance,
Kothrud,Pune. Grand Vally StateUniversity,
Ph: 09822190644 Allendale,Michigan.
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org e-mail: email@example.com
D e cl a r a t ion
I hereby declare that all the above information provided is true tobest of my knowledge.
Place: Thane (Sachin Joshi)
LinkedIn Profile: in.linkedin.com/pub/sachin-joshi/1/a15/110/
Page 6 of 6
Experience in consumer product and technology development
As design lead
1. Polymer coated MS tank for storage water heaters.
2. “Design Magna” the storage water heater.
3. “LUA” new design of premium geysers
4. “Life style water heater” an innovative architecture of geysers for HNI segment.
5. DRY iron designs for premium range.
6. “NEOLA smart” the menu driven automatic mixer grinder.
7. “Sensora” the radio frequency based remote controls for ceiling fans.
8. New design of “Air Circulators”
9. “Seagull” the low speed high air delivery ceiling fan based on bio-mimicry.
10. “Dragonfly” the transparent blade ceiling fan.
11. “Infinity” the dining table fan with LED mood lighting
12. “Seagull” ceiling fan with LED down lighter
13. LED based Solar lantern
14. LED based post top design
15. LED based streetlight design
16. LED based indoor lighting
17. LED based task light segment
18. Plastic body pumps for Domestic applications.
As design process support
1. “Aksh” the video analytics system (UI and UX design)
2. “Controlite” the lighting management system
3. “Streetsmart” the street light automation system
4. “Solar MPPT charger”
5. “Solar Inverter”
6. “Solar pump”
7. Worked on product branding and innovative packaging.