TIM TALK- Mobile Learning - What You Need to Know Today!
TIM Talk is a mini-webinar series, modeled after TedTalks. To join us live, sign up at www.saba.com/us/about/events.
Smartphones and tablets have changed the way we work, play, and now learn. In fact, mobile learning is the fastest-growing learning mode, with over one-third of companies having deployed mobile access. In this 20-minute TIM Talk, we'll discuss the three factors contributing to the appeal of mobile learning and three things you can do to benefit from it.
How you can benefit from mobile learning
\What are the best practices for mobile learning
Key technologies enabling mobile learning
Don't miss out on this engaging session — register today!
Mobile is the computing platform of choice
• In 2012, 65% of workers surveyed declared their mobile devices to be
their most critical work device.*
• 78% of Facebook access in the US is via mobile
• Phones and tablets offer great performance and are easy to use.
Your competition is investing in mobile learning
The near future of mobile – source: Brandon Hall 2014
It will decrease significantly
It will decrease somewhat
It will remain the same
It will increase somewhat
It will increase significantly
What do you think your biggest challenge will be with Mobile Learning?
• Integrating with current learning programs
• Content (creating or converting)
• Workforce rules (union or part-time)
• Other (please share in chat)
• Not sure
Start a Mobile Learning Experiment
• Choose a project – a class, a
process, or community
• Gain familiarity with the
• Learn about content and
• Use private groups on
LinkedIn or Facebook if no
internal systems are readily
“There are no rules here — we're trying
to accomplish something.”
- Thomas Edison
Mobile Learning Infrastructure
• Is your LMS ready?
• If not, how about a social
• Start building a list of
requirements – must haves
and nice to haves.
Sponsor Mobile Access
Will your learners access your
$20 a month buys about 2GB of
data which is a lot of learning
and even more good will