PREPARED BY : SIDDIQUI ARSHAD HUSSAIN
Types Wiring system
Types of wire
I.E. rule for wiring.
Domestic wiring panel
• Wiring is electric circuit.
• Wiring is systematic laying of wires for the
smooth flowing of electricity current at
different utility places with utmost safety
Wooden casing capping wiring:
•It fit on the wall with help of screw.
•It protect wire against mechanical
damage, Moisture, dust.
PVC casing capping wiring:
•It become popular,
•Easily fault detect
•Appearance of wiring is
Surface conduit wiring:
•PVC, or metallic conduit are
•PVC, VIR wire are used.
•Appearance is good.
•It protect wire against
mechanical damage, Moisture,
Concealed conduit wiring:
•PVC, or metallic conduit are
used Conduit inside the wall
•Appearance is good
•Protect against fire dust
moisture mechanical damage,
•Less chance of Fault
•Cost is high
Weather proof wire
•It made waterproof by
drooping it into
•It is useful for service
Lead covered wire
•No effect of moisture on it
•It used where there is moisture presence.
Mineral insulated copper covered:
•Coating of magnesium oxide is provided.
•Less effect of temperature.
•Copper sheath is provided.
•It is used in mines, factory, refinery, furnace,
boiler, rolling, mill est.
Poly Vinyl Chloride wire:
•Dielectric strength is more
•Mechanical strength is more
•Life is long
•Protect against flame
•Protect against oil, alkali
•PVC wire is widely used
General rules for domestic
Chapter no. : 3
1. General rules of domestic wiring.
1. Cut-out on consumer’s premises.
2. Meters, maximum demand indicators and other
apparatus on consumer Premises.
3. Weatherproof wire for service connection with
sufficient current carrying capacity.
6. All conductor/wire should be sage in all term of
voltage rating with proper insulation.
7. Ever line or phase should be protected by suitable
8. In metal conduit wiring metal conduit pipe
9. Each load point an appliances should be a independent
10. In any building. the wiring installation, there must
be separate sub circuits for light/fan/3 pin socket load
and for 3 pin socket 15 Amp. power load.
11. In any light/fan and the number of load points
connected in one sub circuit should be less than
13. In any power sub circuit, the maximum should not
be more than 3000 watts and the number of power
point should be up to two only.
14.The rating of fuse in any circuit should not be less
than half the capacity of the lowest size cable. In any
sub-circuit the fuse rating should not be more than 5
15. The earthed terminals of all 3 pin sockets outlets and
plugs should be permanently connected to the earth wire.
16. Sufficient number of 3 pin socket outlets should be
provided at suitable places in all rooms of the building
17. In the bath rooms. the 3 pin socket should be at a
height of not less than 1.5 m.
18. All ceiling fans are to be hung 2.75 m above the
floor level refer IS :4648 -1968.
19. In the domestic wiring earth wire should be of
14 SWG GI for single phase supply and for 3 phase
supply system earth wire must be of 8 SwG GI.
20. If the load on any domestic wiring installation
exceeds 6.0 kw. then 3 415 v. 50 Hz, 4 wire supply
should be used. The load on 3 phases should be
21. when the covered area in the building complex is
more than 5000 m2 and the total load is more than
1000kva. The separate sub station is required to be