Be the first to like this
The SVB Asset Management Q4 2013 Economic Report provides an analysis of economic and market factors that impact global markets and business health. This edition takes a deeper dive into the future direction of the Federal Reserve, the beginning of tapering and the uncertainty of increasing fed fund rates.
Healthy economic readings in Q4 capped 2013 on a high note bolstered by improving labor conditions and strong general economic growth.
Additional highlights of the report include:
• Domestic Economy: Rise in Housing (pg 8-9) - The consumer continues to benefit from rising home values, equity prices and an improved labor market.
• Federal Reserve: The Beginning of Tapering (pg 19) - Tapering of Treasury and MBS purchases is not slamming on the breaks, but slowly removing its foot from the gas pedal.
• Markets/Performance: The Great Rotation (pg 22) – The risk of money flowing out of bonds and into equities could present itself in 2014.
• Global Economy: Europe (pg 32-33) – Sustaining low growth levels; current account surplus keeping euro firm.
• Regulatory: Debt Burden (pg 38) – The debt ceiling continues to be a concern.