Be the first to like this
Contactless Card Shipments Jump enabling Shoppers Take Advantage of Everyday Payment Convenience
Smart Payment Association releases its annual review of the smart payment card market.
• 450 million contactless cards delivered by Smart Payment Association (SPA) members in 2013 – twice the quantity that was shipped in 2012
• 37% of all payment cards shipped to issuers worldwide in 2013 featured contactless technology
• Contactless growth in all regions: Asia Pacific + 193%, Europe +64%, Americas +45%
• Now present in over 30 countries, contactless payment infrastructure paving the way for contactless mobile payments and bringing NFC to the mass market
• Contactless brings convenience and speed, and multi-application possibility: payment, transit, access control etc.
Munich, 13th May 2014 - Contactless payment card shipments accelerated globally in 2013, according to figures released today by the Smart Payment Association (SPA). at an opening-day session at the CARTES America conference and exhibition in Las Vegas. In its annual review of the smart payment card market, the SPA reports that contactless technologies were present on over one-third (37 percent) of all smart payment cards shipped in 2013.
Full release at www.smartpaymentassociation.com