• Effective communication is central to the success of an
organization’s mission, goals, and activities. 1
• Internal communication is essential to
motivate, inform, and counsel employees and
volunteers and to set the stage for excellent external
• Ability to extend communication beyond email and
• SOVT believes in transparency and open
• Online forum enables programs to share and
• Meets SOVT Strategic goal of implementing
Sustainable technology to improve efficiencies.
• Internal communication drives external communication
(raise funds, public awareness, etc) 1
• The forum is pre-loaded with categories. As
an example, the Board Forum has a category
strictly for the Development Committee.
• There are different user levels
(administrator, user, etc)
• Ability to edit, delete, announce discussions
• Easy to use search field
Starting a Discussion
• Click Start a Discussion
To edit your profile, at the top navigation bar click on your username. You will then be able to
insert a photo, edit your account, change your password. Etc.
2 MB file upload max
You can send private messages via the Inbox feature
There is a moderator for each forum
Search tool works wonderfully to find messages, discussions and documents
“Announce” makes the discussion “sticky” to stay at the top
“Close” disables anyone, regardless of user settings, from adding to a discussion.
Helpful link with additional videos on how to use: http://vimeo.com/vanillaforums/videos
Any questions or issues, email Chris (email@example.com)
Montana Nonprofit Association –October 17, 2012