Twitter is unifying people that would otherwise no know of one another and giving people the opportunity to learn more about issues that matter to them. Today, we’ll take a look at how the principles Twitter to earn support.Let’s take a trip around the world!
Use listsABLA – created lists and follows lists relevant to their missionJanessa is a changemaker creating & following lists specific to her personal objectives & workMideast Youth follows people specific to their mission
Twitter is a tool connecting people and is used around the world to affect positive change Do you think Twitter can help us change the world for the better?
14 Principles of Using Twitter to Change Our World 1. Identify and follow who you want to reach & influence
2. Create your “voice” & be authentic & show personality!
3. Maintain continuity in your Causes’ look & feel
4. Share stories & engage. Don’t just talk at peoplePhoto credit: ForYourEmergence.com (sorry for the alteration)
5. Listen. Your audience may telling you what they want
6. Plan! Organize your posts for consistency & continuity Link content to an Editorial Calendar Use a tool likeHootSuiteto schedule tweetsThanks to Beth Kanter for the Editorial Calendar
7. Create ambassadors – Educate them to engage wisely
8. Create a campaign with fundraising messages – distribute to supporters $20 buys a tarp,10 cents per person a day provides high quality nails & hammer fornutritional supplements to earthquake,an at-risk child in America hurricane & flood response Proceeds from the sale of Open Our Eyes: Seeing the Invisible People of Homelessness benefits Invisible People
12. Thank people & recognize people byretweeting what’s relevant to your cause
13. Share your progress, goals, and where donations go
14. Recognize opportunities to spontaneously fundraise or draw attention to your cause
Summary of 14 Principles1. Identify and follow those 5. Listen. Your audience may you want to reach be tellingyou what they &influence want2. Create your “voice” 6. Plan! Organize posts for & be sure to show consistency personality! & continuity3. Maintain continuity in your 7. Create ambassadors – Causes’ look and feel educate them to engage wisely4. Share stories &Engage. Don’t just 8. Create a campaign with Talk at People fundraising messages & Distribute Them
Summary of 14 Principles9. Make it easy to 12. Thank&recognize donate people by retweeting what’s relevant to10. Create a hashtag your cause that are relevant, popular, easy to 13. Share your understand & progress, goals and short where theRs. go11. Integrate other 14. Recognize communications opportunities to channels – Facebook, spontaneously YouTube, website, fundraise or draw email attention to your cause
Thanks to the phenomenal causes around the world that powered this presentation
Let’s stay in touch. Tweet me! @RituSharma1 Ritu@SM4NP.org