Center for Information Research & Innovation
International Advisory Board
May 3, 2016
Dr Lisa Marie Daulby PhD, CRM, IGP
Innovations & Ideas
• Personal information
management attitudes and
• Understand technology adoption
and use – electronic personal
• The relationship between “fun”
and the way in which individuals
use information and technologies
with potential game elements as
motivation factors – Gamification.
• Exploratory review of Second Life.
• Next - electronic personal health
records & wearable technology.
Electronic personal health records
and “Trust”. 2
• Exploratory in nature.
• Realization that the importance of e-records is fundamental!
– Organizational Business Records
– Personal Electronic Heath Records
• Technology adoption and use – uses perceptions and attitudes.
• Qualitative vs Quantitative (Mixed Methods).
• Methods – in-depth interviews 17 (Canadian) vs Survey
Method 327 (US).
• Theoretical Foundations - Gamification/HCI/Personal
Information Management VS Diffusion of Innovation.
• Data analysis – statistical methods content analysis.
• Preliminary Results.