2) How effective is the combination ofyour main product and ancillary texts?Print productOur print product was inspired by three different print products and each slidewe will talk about what we liked about the poster and what we used from it toour own print product and how we tweaked it a bit to suit our target audience
2) How effective is the combination of your main product and ancillary texts?With the Mumford & sons print advert we used the idea of all the band being all together and can see whatinstruments they are playing . We also like the idea of different media industries leaving quotes about the therealbum so we also left quotes on from different media industries about The Fears. What we didn’t really like aboutthis a print product was that there album is in the bottom left hand side (dead corner) really tiny as well andthought that audiences wont really pay much a attention to it and thought that the album should catch theaudiences attention and that’s what we did.
2) How effective is the combination of your main product and ancillary texts?With the 30 Seconds To Mars print product we liked the idea that you can clearly see the album so its easy forthe audience to know what the album looks like and can buy it. Also when the album will be releasedpublically. Also you can see what record label they are signed too so we made are our record label for TheFears and put the record label we created on are print product almost in the same place as the 30 Seconds ToMars. We did like the how it had a feel of a apoplectic look to it however we really couldn’t do it to our printproduct because it would have challenged our audience expectations and wouldn’t have suited it.
2) How effective is the combination of your main product and ancillary texts?Its almost the same story with the Ellie Goulding Print product they have used the album cover to help theaudience to know what the album looks like and they can buy it. It also uses critics reviews of the albumnear to the bottom so that it helps the audience know how good it is and can encourage people to buy it.They also have used image manipulation on the singer Ellie Goulding’s hair to get it more eye-catching andhow the title say’s her name it matches her album cover as it says Lights its in lights.
2) How effective is the combination of your main product and ancillary texts? Critic reviews/quotes Album coverBand members and cansee what instrumentsthey are playing also usedimage manipulation on Release daythem Record label Way to contact the band
2) How effective is the combination of your main product and ancillary texts?For the Mise-en-scene for the bandwe are using in ourmusic video they arejust basically innormal clothing. We We used this typedidnt want them to of typeface becausedress up for the it is clear , easy tomusic video or the read and suits theprint product so we print product. Theallowed them to reason why we usecome in what ever a white typefacethey wanted. For our was to make theband we wanted to words more bolder,put them on the clear and tofront of our printproduct so that the emphasize theaudience know who words and to getand what the band the audience’slook like. attention.
2) How effective is the combination ofyour main product and ancillary texts?Primary optical area Dead corner Terminal areaDead corner
2) How effective is the combination ofyour main product and ancillary texts? Here is the front cover of the CD cover. We wanted to use something new and fresh mostly these days album covers try and be as eye-catching or odd or remember-able to get peoples attention or help them remember what the album looks like. so we also thought we have to be eye-catching and have something odd and be remember-able album cover to get peoples attention some examples of eye-catching and odd CD covers.
2) How effective is the combination ofyour main product and ancillary texts? From our album cover we wanted it branch into the print product so we took the album cover and but it as the background on our print product so that fans or the audience know what the album looks like and can buy it as they have seen what the album looks like due to the album is in the back ground and is easily eye- catching .
2) How effective is the combination ofyour main product and ancillary texts? In this shot its a long shot. With this type of shot we can see everyone and the background . This will help the audience see where everyone is and what they are doing. The reason why we use this type of shot is let the audience see the whole band playing and see where they are playing.
2) How effective is the combination ofyour main product and ancillary texts? In this shot we used a extreme close-up on the singer to see him sing and how he sings with his emotions so that it could be portrayed to the audience easily. e.g. Is he sad, angry, happy, confused etc With the extreme close up we are really focused on the singer. And what he is doing. What made us do this shot was due to the music video below it as we can see its a extreme close up on him and can see his emotions and how he sings.
2) How effective is the combination ofyour main product and ancillary texts? In this shot we used a extreme long shot too get the crowd of people in the shot and can see the audience listening to the music and dancing to it. Our inspiration of this shot came from the music video below. We thought by using this shot and seeing the crowd and the band playing live would be good for the audience as they can see what the crowd of people are doing and what the band as well are doing.
2) How effective is the combination of your main product and ancillary texts?Here this is the bridge between our music video to ourprint product. As we can see the band playing live andcan see them all in the music video and they areplaying live throughout our music video we also havethem on the our print product playing live but are stillobviously because its a print product. But this is thelink between our music video and our print productand gives us brand identity.
2) How effective is the combination of your main product and ancillary texts? Opening start of the music video where it has the album cover and name of the trackhere is the link between all three media products. With the useof our album cover that uses this constant theme. We used it inour music video near to the start as the opening to introducethe audience to the band with their album cover and what songthey are playing. And the album cover is just as it is. The printproduct uses the album cover as background to the poster toagain link all three media products with the use of the albumcover.
2) How effective is the combination ofyour main product and ancillary texts?With our music video we wanted it to have something iconic and remember-able toothe audience so we used the filming technique ‘stop motion’ its effectively havesomething still and film it for about 5 seconds then stop recording move the thing orchange it slightly what your filming and then film again for about 5 seconds andcontinue this process, this process is very long due to the amount to the slightchanges and you have to film each change you have done and then put them alltogether to make one scene and have to make sure that when its going from shot toshot that it changes smoothly and in order not jumpy or out of order. We used thefilming technique ‘stop motion’ on a number of things in our music video but mostprobably the most iconic thing in the music video is the rubix cube scene. Ourinspiration for the use of stop motion as from the popular video off Youtube ‘T-shirtWars’ where it uses stop motion throughout the video. We thought that we coulduse stop motion in our music video so that it would get the attention of ouraudience and something as iconic to the music video it would stay in the audience’shead.
2) How effective is the combination ofyour main product and ancillary texts? Rubix cube that T-shirt wars video we did
3) What have you learned from your audience feedback?Our audience feedback was very helpful to us and we decided to listen to what they had to sayabout what we have created all ready. However it wasn’t completed and had bits and piecesmissing so some of the narrative and performance was missing from it.Positive feedback from the audienceMost of our feedback from the audience was positive and they said what we wanted to hear thismeans how we have been making are media products have been doing it right for our targetaudience.Video media productWhat our audience liked about our video media was good use of stop motion, portraying a lovestory, use of live shots, good use of Mise-en-scene, rubix cube is for the right genre (Indie) ,good use of fades and transitions, good use of lighting, four split screen is clever and looks great,heart and petals stop motion looks really good, location looks great, conventional to the musicgenre, lighting and footage looks great, good contrast between performance and narrative shotsand good selection of footage being used in the media product.
3) What have you learned from your audience feedback?What our audience didnt like about our media productThey didn’t like a couple of things about our media product however we are going to listento our audience and change the things that they dont like for themWhat our audience didnt like about our media product was that some of the stop motionlooks a bit Skippy, too many black screens in the media product, the girl in the weddingdress scene looks a bit out of place, some of the live footage goes on far too long, somebits aren’t in sync, isnt much of a storyline, more transitions, some takes go on for toolong, and too many blanks in the music video.We intend to listen to our audiences feedback and change it for them so that it willconform to the audiences expectations and will suit the genre better.
3) What have you learned from your audience feedback?Our audience had a look at our print product and have also given there feedback aboutit. Once again it was mostly positive however there are some negatives to itPositive feed back from the audienceContinuous use of live shots, high contrast of lighting, brilliant layout , looks really good,very conventional, brilliant use of colours, pictures are clear, poster looks amazing,highlights out who are the band members, looks professional, easily noticeable, goodimage manipulation, Proxemics of how the pictures are placed are very good.All these positive feedback from our audience is very good the things that they havesaid is what we wanted to hear and genre identification has been easily picked up onthe audience, we are also happy that the use of colours that we have used and that theaudience said that it wasn’t too dark or dull instead they are colourful and bright alsothat the poster is easily noticeable which grabs the attention of the audience.
3) What have you learned from your audience feedback?Our negative feedback of our print product has been of that it doesn’t look completelyfinished, the narrative doesn’t cross over to the print product and add more to theprint product that was all of our negative feedback to the print productOnce again we intend to listen to our audience and alter our print product for ouraudience so that it’s then more suited to our audience and conforms for them.Other comments from our target audience’s was that they really liked the idea ofmaking a t-shirt and a picture of the album cover they thought that was really goodidea and research for our target audience .Our audience hit the nail on the head when we asked about the target audience therange that they said was 16 – 25 year olds for male and female which is what we reallywanted to hear from them the majority of the audience said that the target audiencewas 18 – 25 again bang on what we wanted to hear.