What is “PDA” ??
MANUFACTURERS OF PDA.
DEVELOPMENT OF PDA.
FEATURES OF PDA.
USES OF PDA.
LIMITATION OF PDA.
WHAT IS “PDA” ??
Personal Digital Assistant
• A small computer that literally fits in your palm ,It called as
• Palmtop is also called PDA (Personal Digital Assistant), Hand-Held
computer and Pocket computer.
• PDA is a mobile device that functions as a personal information
• Current PDAs often have the ability to connect to the
• Because of their small size it is call pocket computer.
MANUFACTURERS OF PDA
• Apple Computer, Inc.
• HTC Corporation.
• The term PDA was
first used on
january,7 1992 by
• In 1996, Apple company introduced the first mobile phone with
full PDA functionality, the 9000 Communicator, which grew to
become the world's best-selling PDA.
• The Communicator spawned a new category of mobile phones: the
"PDA phone", now called "smart phone".
• Today, almost all PDAs are called as smart phones.
• Over 150 million smart phones are sold each year, while "standalone" PDAs without phone functionality sell only about 3 million
units per year.
DEVELOPMENT STAGES OF PDA
• In 1992s PDA:
In 1997s PDA:
FEATURES OF PDA
• Touch Screen.
• Memory Card.
• Wired Connectivity.
• Wireless connectivity.
Calendar (Date Book)
USES OF PDA
Anyone who has a need to carry information in
a convenient form that’s easy to use, small,
lightweight and easy to update.
• Real estate agents, insurance agents, Dr's,
nurses, med students, salesmen, military,
engineers, students, teachers, administrators,
IT professionals, travelers, writers,etc.
LIMITATION OF PDA
• Because of their small size, most
palmtop computers do not
include disk drives.
• Data inserting speed is slow
compared to full-size computer and
• It is Costly and expansive compared
to computer and laptop