Successfully reported this slideshow.
We use your LinkedIn profile and activity data to personalize ads and to show you more relevant ads. You can change your ad preferences anytime.
BRIGHTONSEO APRIL 2017
TAKEAWAYS
#BrightonSEO
Advanced Local SEO Tips to Help You
Murder Your Competitors
«Proximity is the primary factor in determining l...
#BrightonSEO
SEO Insights from Google's Search
Quality Rater Guidelines
«Quality Raters don't affect your rankings»
«Best ...
#BrightonSEO
3x Hardcore Site Speed Optimization
Techniques
«Optimise images. Swap png & jpeg images with WebP. It's exper...
#BrightonSEO
Google AMP Case Studies
«AMP blog pages, compared to non AMP-ed pages result in more traffic but less
revenue...
#BrightonSEO
How to Rank in the Answer Box
« Understanding your user’s intent gives you a better chance to get into the
An...
#BrightonSEO
Taking Advantage of Google
Using Usage Metrics
« The days of the Doorway Pages and Footer Links are numbered....
#BrightonSEO
How to Hack Your SERPs
Using a Lean Approach
« Top tips on growing your organic traffic:
«Create your MVP (mi...
#BrightonSEO
Can Partnerships and Sponsorships
Help Your SEO?
« Brand partnerships do not only affect your SEO but also ha...
#BrightonSEO
How to Incentivise Bloggers
Without Buying Links
« Promote their content on your brand social channels or com...
#BrightonSEO
Five Years of Google Penguin
« Regularly collect, re-crawl and analyze all the backlink data you can in order...
#BrightonSEO
Are We Creating a Culture
Where it Pays to Be Boring?
«Stay safe with 80% of your business. Use the other 20%...
Brighton SEO 2017 Takeaways
Brighton SEO 2017 Takeaways
Brighton SEO 2017 Takeaways
Brighton SEO 2017 Takeaways
Brighton SEO 2017 Takeaways
Brighton SEO 2017 Takeaways
Upcoming SlideShare
Loading in …5
×

Brighton SEO 2017 Takeaways

4,813 views

Published on

What an awesome day full of practical Digital Marketing tips! If you were not able to attend the conference or just have missed some of the presentations, we've got you covered! We've gathered some pretty useful insights from this year's Conference! Check it out!

Published in: Marketing
  • Hello! Get Your Professional Job-Winning Resume Here - Check our website! https://vk.cc/818RFv
       Reply 
    Are you sure you want to  Yes  No
    Your message goes here

Brighton SEO 2017 Takeaways

  1. 1. BRIGHTONSEO APRIL 2017 TAKEAWAYS
  2. 2. #BrightonSEO Advanced Local SEO Tips to Help You Murder Your Competitors «Proximity is the primary factor in determining local results, but if you want to win you need local links » «Read your content out loud. If it makes no sense don't add it to your site» GREG GIFFORD | DEALERON «Unique doesn't matter anymore - everyone is unique» «Google Possum update means need to claim dupe GMB listings, gain 3rd party reviews & industry links» «Best review sites for #localseo by @GregGifford: ☑ Google ☑ Yelp ☑ Facebook»
  3. 3. #BrightonSEO SEO Insights from Google's Search Quality Rater Guidelines «Quality Raters don't affect your rankings» «Best tips: Give users high quality, high E-A-T content  Be aware of signs of low quality, including ads Get mobile friendly  Be aware of YMYL markets Make sites that users - and Google - can trust » JENNIFER SLEGG | THE SEM POST «Instead of thinking 'how many visits has my site had today' think 'how many people have I helped today'»
  4. 4. #BrightonSEO 3x Hardcore Site Speed Optimization Techniques «Optimise images. Swap png & jpeg images with WebP. It's experimental, but worth trying» «Serious about performance? Get CSS out of the way asap. Make it small, minify, compress, load (same host, no DNS) and inline or split. » «Tool suggestions for image optimization: ⚙Guetzli (better encoding) ⚙Zopli or Deflate (higher compression rate)» BASTIAN GRIMM | PEAK ACE AG « Performance = UX. 47% people expect the site to load in 2 seconds. Fast loading is crucial for user experience»
  5. 5. #BrightonSEO Google AMP Case Studies «AMP blog pages, compared to non AMP-ed pages result in more traffic but less revenue for e-commerce» «If you’re not a news publisher, you should keep an eye on how AMP develops in mobile SERPs and prepare to implement quickly» BARRY ADAMS | POLEMIC DIGITAL «If you're a news website and not using AMP, you're an idiot. You're losing about 20% of your traffic from mobile»
  6. 6. #BrightonSEO How to Rank in the Answer Box « Understanding your user’s intent gives you a better chance to get into the Answer Box. It’s all about Needs, Wants, and Desires.» « What to do to rank for the answer box: ADRIAN PHIPPS | SAGA « When you want to appear in featured snippets, start with the SERPs you are already in, not the one you want to be in. » « If you want to rank in the answer box, aim to answer the target question within both the first 100 words and the page title. » Use multiple H2 headings with short content directly addressing the Heading, How-To Lists Have good on-page and technical SEO foundation. »
  7. 7. #BrightonSEO Taking Advantage of Google Using Usage Metrics « The days of the Doorway Pages and Footer Links are numbered. » Clicks & CTR Short & Long Clicks  Site Engagement Metrics: Traffic, Duration of Visit, Frequency, Navigation. » POLLY POSPELOVA | DELETE « Behaviour signals are on Google’s radar, which stresses the rising importance of UX optimisation in collaboration with SEO. » «  Metrics that help search engines understand user behaviour:
  8. 8. #BrightonSEO How to Hack Your SERPs Using a Lean Approach « Top tips on growing your organic traffic: «Create your MVP (minimum viable product ) and iterate on it. Meet your goal, then roll out!» «Book recommendations: "The Lean Startup" by Eric Ries and "The Toyota Way to Lean Leadership" by Gary L. Convis and Jeffrey Liker» SAM AUCHTERLONIE | SKYSCANNER Speak the language of the business. Share your ideas with developers - they need your help  Think lean and start small! Think of «How can we learn more quickly what works, and discard what doesn’t”?» Find the shortest path to validate ideas with experimentation. Build - Measure - Learn - Repeat — published»
  9. 9. #BrightonSEO Can Partnerships and Sponsorships Help Your SEO? « Brand partnerships do not only affect your SEO but also have a halo effect on your brand awareness. » « The recipe of partnership organisation process is: ALEXANDRA LEVER | MEC « Fundamentals of a good partnership are: Trust and Clear Expectations, Transparency, Complimentary Audience, Mutual Benefits, Willingness. » Create a brief Challenge of your clients? Find a Partner Define the KPIs Content rights (Who? What? Where?) Project management Measurement »
  10. 10. #BrightonSEO How to Incentivise Bloggers Without Buying Links « Promote their content on your brand social channels or company newsletters. Don’t do this if your brand account has less followers than the blogger has. » « Offer advice or resources and support bloggers to improve their website. Resources bloggers might be interested in SEO consultant, Graphic Designer, Web Developer, Photographer, Lawyer, Accountant » SAM CHARLES | FLOAT DIGITAL « Instead of offering money, offer your time to incentivise bloggers. »
  11. 11. #BrightonSEO Five Years of Google Penguin « Regularly collect, re-crawl and analyze all the backlink data you can in order to avoid Google penalty. » « You still need to disavow and you must do it very often - 45% of SEOs have never uploaded a disavow file to the Google Disavow Tool.» CHRISTOPH C. CEMPER | LINK RESEACH TOOLS « Google Penguin penalty can really hurt your site— up to 99% drop in traffic. 33% of SEOs have already faced a penalty.» « Let Google know about the links you've disavowed. Waiting for re-crawling can take forever. »
  12. 12. #BrightonSEO Are We Creating a Culture Where it Pays to Be Boring? «Stay safe with 80% of your business. Use the other 20% to test unconventional things without the fear of failure» «Brands work in a similar way to engagement rings. If a brand has invested in itself, it must be more reliable» RORY SUTHERLAND | OGILVY & MATHER «Marketing & advertising can create value just as much as manufacturing» «Taking consumers views too literally can be a really dangerous and expensive approach» KEYNOTE

×