As a follow up to this Consultation,
we will provide you with:
-Latest version of the Climate Smart
Disaster Risk Management
• Policy/Project Summaries: a selection will be taken
forward for further evidence-gathering.
• Publications: including in-depth case studies (India, Sri
Lanka and Cambodia), working papers on ‘resilience’,
‘low carbon development’ and ‘how climate needs to be
taken into account in order to achieve the MDGs’.
• September 2010, launch of ‘consultation version’ of the
Climate Smart Disaster Risk Management Approach
• Providing resources for people who want to learn more
about integrating CCA and DRM.
• A space for discussing good practice associated with
integration, for both policy-makers and practitioners.
• Sharing learning/experience from SCR (or related) events
that have happened/are currently taking place.
• Highlighting upcoming SCR or related events.
• You can access and download the latest version of the
• Space for reflecting on the latest version of the approach.
Group work - What can you do following the
• Get into country groups and discuss what you can do
following the conference
• National focal points will facilitate the group
• Feed back 3 commitments within national groups
What can organisations do with the approach
• Share the CSDRM with your colleagues and orgs; what
do they think? (Tell us through focal points!)
• Use the CSDRM to look at current projects or plan the
next stage of projects; is this helpful (Let us know!)
• Share the approach with networks working on this area.
• Is there joint planning happening on CCA/DRR?
• Is there joint planning on advocacy happening and you want to share
• Share the approach with Governments, Parliamentarians
and others trying to integrate CCA into DRM?
National Focal Points
Key SCR point in country
• Kenya Climate Change Working Group
• Christian Aid & Sudanese Environmental Society
Key information and communication point on SCR
• Maurice Onyango
• Mohamed Adow