9. Ryan Welcher • @ryanwelcher • NorthEast PHP 2017
I M P O S T E R S Y N D R O M E
• Term was coined in 1978 by clinical psychologists Dr.
Pauline Clance and Suzanne Imes.
• Over 70% of people have experienced it at one time or
another in their lives.
• High achievers are most likely to suffer from it.
10. Ryan Welcher • @ryanwelcher • NorthEast PHP 2017
C H A R A C T E R I S T I C S
• Inability to internalize successes and a persistent fear
of being exposed as a “fraud”.
• Proof of success is dismissed as luck, timing, or as a
result of “tricking” others.
• Success doesn’t make it go away.
11. Ryan Welcher • @ryanwelcher • NorthEast PHP 2017
D U N N I N G - K R U G E R E F F E C T
• The opposite of Imposter Syndrome.
• A cognitive bias in which low-ability individuals
mistakenly assess their ability as much higher than it
• Misconception of self VS Misconception of others
25. • HTML
• VIP Quickstart
• WordPress API
• Design patterns
• The Command
• Bash scripting
D AY TO D AY S K I L L S