Successfully reported this slideshow.
Activate your 14 day free trial to unlock unlimited reading.
A presentationpresentation on…
By : Rupika Singh
About the author : Robin SharmaAbout the author : Robin Sharma
• Robin S. Sharma is an Indo-Canadian lawyer,
• He is devoted to the mission of helping organizations develop
people who lead without a title so that they win in this period of
• His THE MONK WHO SOLD HIS FERRARI and THE GREATNESS
GUIDE have topped best sellers list across the globe and have sold
millions of copies in more than 70 languages.
About the bookAbout the book
This book is a fable of Julian Mantle’s life changing experiences and
His discoveries of powerful, wise,and practical lessions that teaches us
-Develop joyful thoughts
-Follow our life’s mission and calling
-Cultivate self- discipline and act courageously
-Value time as our most important commodity
-Nourish our relationships and live fully , one day at a time .
THE MOST EXTRAORDINARY GARDENTHE MOST EXTRAORDINARY GARDEN
You are sitting in the middle of a magnificent, lush, green garden. This garden is
filled with the most spectacular flowers you have ever seen. The environment is
supremely tranquil and silent. Savor the sensual delights of this garden and feel as
if you have all the time in the world to enjoy this natural oasis. As you look around
you see that in the center of this magical garden stands a towering, red lighthouse,
six stories high. Suddenly, the silence of the garden is disturbed by a loud creaking
as the door at the base of the lighthouse opens. Out stumbles a nine-foot-tall, nine-
hundred-pound Japanese sumo wrestler who is fully naked , coverimg his
private parts with a pink cable. casually wanders into the center of the garden. As
this sumo wrestler starts to move around the garden, he finds a shiny gold
stopwatch which someone had left behind many years earlier. He slips it on, and
falls to the ground with an enormous thud. The sumo wrestler is rendered
unconscious and lies there, silent and still. Just when you think he has taken his last
breath, the wrestler awakens, perhaps stirred by the fragrance of some fresh
yellow roses blooming nearby. Energized, the wrestler jumps swiftly to his feet
and intuitively looks to his left. He is startled at what he sees. Through the bushes
at the very edge of the garden he observes a long winding path covered by
millions of sparkling diamonds. Something seems to instruct the wrestler to take
the path, and to his credit, he does. This path leads him down the road of
everlasting joy and eternal bliss.
Never overlook the power of simplicity .
The ordinary garden tale is nothing but the most extraordinary garden
of life .
It tells us about the 7 virtues for an enlightened life, the keys for self
leadership , personal responsibilities and spiritual enlightenment .
Symbol : GardenSymbol : Garden
Virtue : Master your MINDVirtue : Master your MIND
If you consider your mind as a garden and nurture
and cultivate it like a fertile rich garden, it will
blossom beyond your expectations.
Do not let anyone throw toxic waste into your
garden of mind .
Ways of mastering yourWays of mastering your
1. The quality of your life is determined by the quality of your
- you can’t afford the luxury of negative thoughts .(60000
2. There are no mistakes , Only lessons.
- nothing like negative experience , only opportunities to learn &
- struggle comes strength. Pain can be a great teacher.
3. Things are always created twice .
4. Never fix your eyes on the destination instead fix it on the journey .
5. LUCK is a marriage of preparation with opportunity.
6. Always keep the cup of your mind empty.(Slumdog Millionaire)
7. Concentration is at the root of mental mastery .
Techniques for mastery ofTechniques for mastery of
1. Heart of rose : Stare the rose and observe its colour,
design and texture.
After few days you will feel calmer as never forget the
power of silence & stillness.
2. Opposition thinking : Whenever a negative slide comes
up on the screen, take swift action to replace it with a
Symbol : The lighthouseSymbol : The lighthouse
Virtue : Follow your purposeVirtue : Follow your purpose
Purpose of life is a life of purpose.
People who study others are wise but people who study
themselves are enlightened.
- they know what they want emotionally , physically &
We all have heroic mission .we all have granted secret
mission . THE KEY IS TO DISCOVER THEM.
Only when we get to know the purpose ,we will be able to
follow it .
Self realization is the DNA of self enlightenment.
Find a correct passion and follow it otherwise you will
never be satisfied.(camel example)
You will never be able to hit a target that you can’t see.
(60000 thoughts criterion)
- Make a journal called dream book and review it
5 steps to fulfill the Purpose of life5 steps to fulfill the Purpose of life
1) Form a clear mental image of the outcome.(more clearer,
2) Get the positive pressure on yourself.
3) Attach a timeline/deadline to your goal.
4) Magical rule of 21.
5) Enjoy what you are doing.
-do not do anything because you have to, do it because
you want to and it is the right thing to do.
- never regret your past, rather embrace it as the
teacher that it is.
Symbol : The tall,900 poundsSymbol : The tall,900 pounds
Japanese Sumo wrestlerJapanese Sumo wrestler
3rd Virtue : Practice3rd Virtue : Practice KaizenKaizen
Philosophy of Kaizen is constant & never ending self
improvements and personal expansion.
Self mastery is the DNA of life mastery.
Master yourself first .(never neglect yourself)
- build a strong character, full of discipline, energy,
power & optimism .
- for leading a corporation, lead yourself first .
Don’t make fun of people reading books like The Power of
Positive Thinking ,they are not the weakest ,who took the
time to strengthen themselves are the strongest.
Enrich your inner world, it will enhance your outer world
and make you far more effective in all that you do.
The only limits on our life are those that you set for
yourself. When you push your limits , you unlock mental &
physical results that you never thought you had.(push-up
Do the things you fear.
- FEAR is nothing more than a mental monster you
- Face the fear.
- Wise people know the key of happiness(father, son &
Rituals of radiant livingRituals of radiant living
• Ritual of Solitude : A mandatory period of peace.
- exploring the healing power of silence.
• Ritual of Physicality : You train/care for your body , you train/care
for your mind.
- In 168 hours a week , take 5 hours to do physical activity.
- Yoga : effective way to unlock your reserve of vitality.
- vigorous walking in natural surrounding works wonders.
- breathe not to live , breathe to thrive.(breathe
• Ritual of Live Nourishment : Eat live food (easily digestible).
- Live food: foods that are not dead and created through the
natural interaction of sun, air, soil & water.(vegetarian food).
- try to have salad and fruits.
• Ritual of Abundant knowledge :Lifelong learning & expanding your
- Read regularly : All the mistakes you will ever make ,have
already been made by those who walked before you .
- Its not what you get out of the book , its what the book gets out
of you matters.
Some books are – the biography of the great American,
Benjamin Franklin, Mahatma Gandhi's autobiography entitled
The Story of My Experiments with Truth.
• Ritual of personal reflection : Take the time to get to know about
- Benjamin Franklin had made a book in which he used to write
all the negative and positive actions he took in a day so that he
could improve them .
- avoid tendency of making excuses.(EXCUSITUS).
- important to know the wrong u did today to improve the
• Rituals of Early awakening: Quality of sleep matters not the
quantity(criteria of 10 minutes before sleeping and after waking up).
• Ritual of Music :Music make you laugh , dance & sing.
• Ritual of spoken words : Repetition of MANTRA
- MAN: Mind , TRA : Freeing .
- design to free the mind.
Example : I am inspired, disciplined and energised.(say aloud)
• Ritual of Simplicity :Live a simple life .
- Reduce your needs.
- hoping for more than u have can’t make you happy and also
reduces the essence of what you have .
- King Midas story .
Symbol : The pink cable wire covering
his private parts .
Virtue : Live with Discipline
Many thin wires unite together and form h cable becomes
stronger than iron.(spider web & Lion )
Will power + self control makes you disciplined.
By constant practice with will power , self control and
DISCIPLINE, you can overcome any hurdle .
Will power – wake you up , hold your tongue at times,
offers inner power to fulfill commitments.
Race against yourself .
Don’t be a sea foam, be the water flowing in it .(along with
liberty , get the freedom)
Recite a Mantra - ‘I am more than I appear to be , all the
world’s strength & power rests inside me.’
EXERCISE: Do things what you don’t like.(cease to become
slave of your mind ).
Vow of silence –By keeping silent for a day , you are
conditioning your will as you command it to do (monks in
Small victories lead to large victories.
Symbol : The StopwatchSymbol : The Stopwatch
Virtue : Important commodityVirtue : Important commodity
i.e. Timei.e. Time
Time management .
Failing to plan is planning to fail .
Focus on priorities.
Ancient rule of twenty ( 20 % activities , 80 % result)
Learn to say NO. Don't allow anyone to steal your time.
Develop a DEATHBED mentality.
Symbol : The RosesSymbol : The Roses
Virtue :Selflessly serve othersVirtue :Selflessly serve others
• Quality of your life will come down to the quality of your
• Save others : work to improve others life , you indirectly
elevate your own life into process.(monk and his son )
• What you sow , so shall you reap. (Widow mother, son and
• Cultivate richer relationships.
• Live a life so that when you die , people cry and you rejoice.
Symbol : Diamond studded path.Symbol : Diamond studded path.
Virtue :Embrace the presentVirtue :Embrace the present
• Live in the present .
• Don’t be the prisoner of your past , be the architecture of
• Don’t lose present happiness for achieving good future.
• Happiness is a journey not a destination.
These were the lessons and teachings given by SAGES
of SIVANA to Julian Mantle by taking a promise that he will
spread the teachings to the people out in the world.
He fulfilled his promise .
I tried to convey a bit of it to you all . Try to spread
these words as much as you can .