Regardless if you’re a primary care physician, dentist, chiropractor or orthopedic surgeon, your ultimate marketing goal is to generate a steady flow of patients. Here are ten things to make sure you have on your medical website. Website content that is tailored to your audience's needs will cause an increase in traffic to your site and ultimately an increase in patients in your office.
10 Things Your Patients are Looking For in Your Medical Website
10 Things Your Patients
Are Looking For in Your
•Adding accomplishments to your site establishes credibility
and proves your experience and success.
•Shows your commitment to giving patients the best care
• People want to hear what
previous patients have to
say about their experience.
• Testimonials positively
influence your audience’s
impression of your
• Add pictures and videos for
• People with health concerns want information as fast as possible.
• Use your website to steer them in the right direction.
• Have expert-prepared information about their possible condition,
self-diagnosis tools, etc. to establish yourself as a leader in the
• Patients want health care professionals who are on their side
• Make sure your website content is personable.
• Take a humanistic approach to patient care and practicing
5. Treatment Options
• People generally want to know what potential
treatments there are for their possible conditions.
• This shows that you are committed and ready
to provide patients with the treatment they may
6. Personal Connection
• Patients need to feel connected and prepared when
meeting with a doctor.
• People want to know who they will meet when they come
in for a visit.
• Make sure to show the faces of your actual physicians in
• Answering insurance
questions early saves time
for you and your patients.
• Be upfront and transparent
• Do you accept Medicare or
8. Contact Options
•Patients want more than one way to connect with you.
•Provide phone, email, social networks and other means
on your site.
•The easier people can get ahold of you, the better.
9. A First Step to Take
• Patients want to get better as soon as possible.
• Give them easy access to care right there on your site.
• Provide a Call-to-action such as a free MRI review,
office visit or phone consultation.
10. Location Info
• Offer up your location, as well as some details on how to
• Give as much information as possible.
• Answer important questions such as:
Is your office in a big building on an upper floor?
Do you offer hotel or auto accommodations to out-of-town