Successfully reported this slideshow.
We use your LinkedIn profile and activity data to personalize ads and to show you more relevant ads. You can change your ad preferences anytime.

Retaining high potential European staff in Japanese companies


Published on

Describes how lifetime employment used to exist in Europe, but now employees have to take responsibility for own career path and professional development. However companies still offer support to high potential employees for their career development. Issues for Japanese companies are lack of career path in Europe, and communication barriers

Published in: Business
  • Be the first to comment

Retaining high potential European staff in Japanese companies

  1. 1. グローバル・プロフェショナル優秀な社員を維持するために Pernille Rudlin  パニラ・ラドリン European Representative   ヨーロッパ 代表 ジャパン・ インタカルチュアル・ コンサルティング ©2012 Japan Intercultural Consulting
  2. 2. ジャパン・ インタカルチュアル・ コンサルティング 1994 年設立 シカゴ本社 日本支店 1999 年設立 ヨーロッパ支店 2004 年設立 メキシコ支店 2006 年設立 中国支店 2011 年設立 講師:~ 60 人 ©2012 Japan Intercultural Consulting
  3. 3. ジャパン・ インタカルチュアル・ コンサルティング 事業内容:異文化教育、赴任前研修、国際要員育成 、外国人社員の教育、管理能力育成教育、チームビ ルディング、セクハラ予防教育 , コーチング , 人事 管理コンサルティング 。 ミッション:企業が海外で、考え方や生活習慣の全 く違った人々と仕事をする時、察知したリスクを回 避し、どのように摩擦をよけ、難しい問題をスムー ズに解決していくか。 文化的側面がビジネスに与え る影響を深く考察しながら、企業や社員が直面して いる問題に、具体的な回答を見い出し、解決してい く。 ジャパン・インターカルチュラル・コンサルティン グ社は「異なった文化を持つ人々が、理解しあいな がら働くための橋渡し役」です。 ©2012 Japan Intercultural Consulting
  4. 4. Retention: three key points1. Career path2. Professional development3. Communication ©2012 Japan Intercultural Consulting
  5. 5. My grandfather, Svend Bock,the company man, 1911-2008  English Speaking Union  Rotary  Open University ©2012 Japan Intercultural Consulting
  6. 6. UK in the 1970s and 1980s ©2012 Japan Intercultural Consulting
  7. 7. The milk round Graduate trainee schemes ©2012 Japan Intercultural Consulting
  8. 8. Professional マーケティング 人事 経理 経営 役員 情報産業 アナリスト 保険 …等 ©2012 Japan Intercultural Consulting
  9. 9. Typical Japanese career path ©2012 Japan Intercultural Consulting
  10. 10. グローバル幹部のプロ ©2012 Japan Intercultural Consulting
  11. 11. 一緒に働く日本人についてヨーロッパの 人たちはどう考えているか? What do Europeans think about Japanese colleagues?大いに好ましい点 やや気になる点Positive Aspects Challenging aspects 親しみ易い Friendly  言葉の壁 Communication barrier 礼儀正しい Polite  本当に‘イエス’なのか Meaning of 勤勉 Hard working “yes” 誠実 Conscientious  意志決定プロセスが煩瑣すぎる Complicated decision-making 熱意 Enthusiastic process 全力投球 Committed  遅々とした企画・立案プロセス 細心 Attention to detail Slow planning 息が長い仕事の取り組み  情報を独占したがる Do not share Long-term approach information ©2012 Japan Intercultural Consulting
  12. 12. 日本の文化的背景 Japanese cultural background 簡潔なコミュニケ−ションを好む。 Concise communication is preferred. 一を聞いて十を知る。 “ Hear 1 understand 10.”  もし一を言われたら、十の意味を推し量る。 If you are told 1, you will understand 10 implications (from just hearing 10% you will figure out the other 90%.)  (簡潔なコミュニケーションは)良いことと思われてい る。 Considered to be a virtue. ©2012 Japan Intercultural Consulting
  13. 13. 英国の文化的背景 British cultural background 戦略、期待、そして目的についてマネージャーが 明確に伝えることを期待する。 Expect managers to communicate clearly strategy, expectations and objectives 一見、新来者によそよそしく見えるかもしれない が、結局のところ従業員が交流するフレンドリー な職場を好む。 May seem unfriendly at first to newcomers but ultimately like to be in friendly workplaces where people interact socially ©2012 Japan Intercultural Consulting
  14. 14. 英国の文化的背景 British cultural background 「行間を読む」事が出来る、特に書かれた書面にてそう出来 る事に誇りを持つ。 Pride themselves on being able to ‘read between the lines’, particularly in written documents. コミュニケーションに皮肉と嫌味を使う事を楽しむ−意味す るところと全く反対の事を口にする。 Enjoy using irony and sarcasm to communicate - saying the exact opposite of what they mean. ©2012 Japan Intercultural Consulting
  15. 15. イギリスの以心伝心 Interesting I don’t disagree I take your point I hear what you say I’ll bear that in mind You obviously put a lot of work into this You may be right That’s very courageous of you What was the thinking behind this? ©2012 Japan Intercultural Consulting
  16. 16. 日本人の得意:共感能力「 21 世紀の経営者のあるべき姿を一言でまとめると、それは「共感能力」(Empathy) です。人と心を通わせ、言語、出身地、性別、年齢を問わず、相手の意見を理解し、尊重する。そういう能力を指します。」 カルロス・ゴーン ©2012 Japan Intercultural Consulting
  17. 17. Contact UsPernille RudlinEuropean RepresentativeJapan Intercultural Consulting96 Kingston Road, Leatherhead, Surrey KT22 ©2012 Japan Intercultural Consulting