Connecting the iPod to the iBook
1. Ensure that the iBook (B1) is turned on.
2. Connect the larger end of the FireWire Cable (P3) into the iPod Dock
3. Connect smaller end of the FireWire Cable (P3-marked with yellow dot)
into the iBook FireWire Port (Third port from the back).
4. Place iPod (P1) into iPod Dock (P2). The iPod makes a “beep” sound
when docked correctly.
iPod (P1) iBook (B1)
Note: Be sure the connectors on the cable are oriented correctly. Each
connector can only be inserted one way.
Loading Songs from the iPod to the iBook
1. If you have connected the iPod correctly, iTunes will launch
automatically. If iTunes does not display, click the iTunes icon on the
iBook desktop. The iTunes screen displays.
2. Click the iPod Music Liberator icon on the iBook desktop. The Liberator
will begin finding songs on your iPod.
3. If you receive the “Enable iPod for Disk Use” message, click OK.
4. The iPod Music Liberator window will open with a list of songs.
5. Click on your desired song or click Select All.
6. Click on the “Copy” button at the bottom right of the iPod Music
Liberator window. The “Choose a Folder” window will open and you will
be prompted to save.
7. Click on “New Folder” at the bottom left of the “Choose a folder”
window. The “New Folder” dialog box displays.
8. Create a name for your folder of songs. Make sure that you are saving
the folder in a place where you can retrieve it later (i.e., the Desktop).
9. Click Save.
Disconnecting the iPod
Warning: Don’t disconnect iPod if you see the “Do not disconnect” message.
You could damage files on iPod. If you see this message, you must eject
iPod before disconnecting it.
1. Select “SPSU’s iPod” in the iTunes Source list and click the eject
2. If it is OK to disconnect iPod from the iBook, the main menu appears
on the iPod screen or a large battery icon appears.
3. Remove the iPod (P1) from the iPod Dock (P2).