STATE OF THE DISTRICT
APRIL 2014 – DAR ER SALAAM
• Multi country
• Malawi, Zambia , Mozambique and Zimbabwe
• 62 Clubs
• District 9210 has had a year of both successes and challenges to date.
• Our Goals for the year were;
– Supporting and Strengthening Clubs
– Membership Growth – net increase 3 per club (1505)
– TRF - launch New Grant Model
- Increase participation and support
– Develop New Generations Programs
Support and Strengthening Clubs
• Our district had become generally weak in administration among clubs
with NON compliance order of the day. Club leadership skills and
knowledge a cause for concern.
• The district embarked on training and awareness and built in specific
sessions to deal with these issues at DTTS and at PETS.
• 100% Rotary Africa updates for the year
• 80 % RI Officers Submission
• 100% RI Dues remittance
• 80% Monthly attendance reporting
• 90% Grant Reporting
• 60% increase in District Dues Collections
Support and Strengthening Clubs (2)
• Our District Leadership Training program (Potential Rotary
Leadership Program) had a boost of 22 New Graduates in
MPRLS 5 in March 2014.
• We are implementing District Software system DacDB to
enhance our district and club Administration and better
manage our Data Base and reporting by clubs.
Growth Centres (Zambia)
New Generation Clubs
Increase in women participation
• Clubs started the year with clean ups by terminating dead wood in their
membership. This followed our thrust that membership should be based on
Engagement and not just numbers with Rotarians missing in action and not
• Target for the year – 1505.
• July 2013 - 1409
• March 2014 - 1398
• Net decrease - (11)
• Revised June 2014 - 1459 = 3%
• No new clubs were organised this Rotary year.
The Rotary Foundation
New Grant Model
• Training - we conducted a total of 14 ½ day sessions in the
• DTTS, 6 PETS, District Conference + 6 Foundation Seminars.
Attendance was very high. We also set very stringent rules for
club qualification in the New Grant Program.
Clubs Qualified – 38 (61%)
Global Grant Applications – 24
Global Grants Approved -- 8
Value of Projects - $520 000
We have experienced an increase in EREY as
the education and appreciation of TRF continues
to grow. More clubs now opt to include in the
Target 2013/14 - $140 900
To date - $ 85 960
61% to target
• Our target was to charter 3 Rotaract Clubs and 6 Interact Clubs.
• We have chartered 6 Rotaract Clubs (18) and 16 Interact Clubs
• Re launched our youth Exchange, with 10 outgoing and 2 inbound
already in. 13 set for outbound in coming year.
• Our First RYLA in nearly 10 years took place in April
• The youth programs have grown both in numbers and level of
activity and become quite strong.
Fellow Rotarians, this is District 9210, moving forward Engaging
Rotary, Changing Lives.
Looking forward to lighting Rotary even more in 2014/15