Welcome to Jones High School
2016- 2017 School Year
Math Class Expectations
Contact Information: Office Phone:601-849-8000
Address: 113 Elementary Lane * Nowhere, MS * 39458
Expectations for Teacher
• Be prepared and ready to teach!
• Be fair.
• Be consistent with grades.
• Make learning fun.
• Make sure parents know what is going on in the classroom
Expectations for Students
• Be ready when class begin.
• Bring all materials to class.
• Complete all assignments.
• Be respectful to your peers and teachers.
• Ask questions when you don’t understand.
• Don’t be afraid to try different things.
Expectations For Parents
• Make sure your child arrive each day
• Attend parent meeting.
• Contact teacher with concerns.
• Check daily grades on active-parent website.
• Ensure your child bring materials needed for
• If you’re not here you miss the assignments from
• You can’t learn if you’re not here!
My Grading Scale
• A 95-100
• A- 94-90
• B+ 89-86
• B 85-82
• B- 81-78
• C+ 77-74
• C 73-70
• C- 69-67
• D 66-60
• F 59-0
• Homework will be assigned Monday thru
– Can be done in class at the end of the
period(If time permits)!
Make-up Work Policy
• Make-up work can be done at the end of
class if time permits
• It is the student’s responsibility to
complete all make-up assignments.
• IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO CHECK YOUR
FOLDER ONCE YOU RETURN FOR
• Student goals
– Write at least two goals you plan to do this
• Parent goals
– Write at least five goals you could like for your
child to complete before the end of the school
What are your goals?
– Write at least three strengths that you will help
you achieve your goals in class.
– Write at least three strengths that you can use
to help your child have a successful school
– Write down things that may affect you
performance in the classroom.
– Write down things that my keep you from
helping your child to perform their best.
This will be a great year!!!
LET’S GET STARTED