Roseman University Library - Writing an Annotated Bibliography
In this presentation, you’ll learn:
• The purpose of an annotated bibliography.
• How to format an annotated bibliography in
• The components of an annotated
Why an annotated bibliography?
• It gives you a chance to write something
(annotate) a list of sources (bibliography)
How do you format an annotated bibliography?
• Citation, then annotation
• Put the reference like you would for an APA
• Add the annotation – your notes – below it.
• Include these components to write a
successful annotated bibliography.
Resources to help you
• Roseman University Citation and Writing
• OWL at Purdue University
http://owl.english.purdue.edu/ has great
resources on annotated bibliographies.
Library staff are here to help you.
o Call us
801-878-1020 (South Jordan)
o Text questions to 801-872-9715
o Ask a question online at
Purdue Online Writing Lab (OWL). (n.d.). Annotated bibliography samples. West Lafayette, IN:
Purdue University. Accessed from https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/614/03/