1. Project overview • Project Title: E-training environment for teachers (Bawabat Sahel). • Project Description: This project aims to design an E-training environment for all Omani school teachers. This online environment will make teacher’s training easy and continues. They will be able to have training anytime and anywhere. And It promotes teacher’s self training. This environment will be designed on a website and divided into three main sections: Instructional Programs Section Teaching Strategies Section Technology integration Section
• Project features: First e-training environments for Omani teachers. It support teacher’s self training. It has integrative training programs in three sections (Instructional programs, teaching strategies and integrating technology). It has all the training topics in one place. It makes teacher training process more easy and continues. It offers training for all teachers anytime and anywhere.
2. Needs Analysis: 1. Problem Analysis: Actual & Optimal Situation - No continuous training is provided for all teachers Actual - All the training workshops provided by the Ministry are traditional Make training available Optimal online for all teachers anytime and anywhere
Needs Analysis: 1. Problem Analysis: The Gap & Need Gap Need- Teachers do not gettraining continuously Designing an e-learning- Teachers face difficulties environment for teachers andgoing to the workshop make them access to it anytimeplace and anywhere-Teachers have to leavethere classes when havinga training
Needs Analysis: 1. Problem Analysis: Causes & Suggested Solutions Suggested- Causes: Solutions- The Ministry does not In order to fill the Gap andprovide continuous training achieve the optimal situation,for teachers. there are some suggested- The Ministry does not solutions:provide training for allteachers. - The Ministry should provide- Teachers have to leave their continues training for all teachers.classes during traditional - E-training environment shouldtraining. be designed to make the training- Traditional training needs process easier and availablemore time and effort. anytime and anywhere.
The Implemented Solution: The best solution is to provide e-training environment for teachers. This e-training environment provides integrative training programs in different aspects that teachers need, so they will get trained and then they will given accredited certifications from the ministry. We choose this solution and this delivery method because of some
Reasons Accessi bility Organiz ational Cost Issues Interacti vity and User- Speed friendli ness Teaching and Novelty Learning
Used Tools: Observation Questionnaire Interviews
Summary of Questionnaire Results: 91%100% 83% 90% 70% 80% 62.50% 70% 50% 60% 50% 40% 30% 20% 10% 0% I face I learn better E-training I didn’t have I need trining difficulties in E-training provide me aby e- to be going to the with different training available workshop resourses before anytime & place anywhere Column1
2. Goal Analysis: The aim of e-training environment is to assists teachers at schools to acquire certain teaching skill through E- training environment.
3. Performance Objectives: After using E-training environments, teachers will be able to: Apply different modern teaching strategies. Design learning content with different instructional programs. Integrate technology in teaching. develop positive attitudes toward E-training.
Goal Analysis Diagram: • You can go back to the final report.
4. Learner Analysis: Target Audience: This project seeks school teachers, in all Specialties. We will offer an E-training environment for them which is more flexible, attractive and useful rather than traditional training that’s already offered from the ministry. And that makes teacher professional development possible anytime and anywhere.
4. Learner Analysis: 1. Relevant group characteristics: All of them are school teachers Mixed gender Teach different subjects Interested in technology
4. Learner Analysis: 2. General Learning Preferences: Mixed learning styles and preferences: Audio, visual and kinesthetic
4. Learner Analysis:3. Entry Behavior: Teachers should have basic knowledge and skills on using computer and internet, for example: Computer operation skills. How to browse on the web. How to navigate though the website. How to open the links.
4. Learner Analysis:4. Prior Knowledge: They may have to know what each section is referring to; otherwise they don’t have to know about the course’s contents because they will get training on them
4. Learner Analysis:5. Attitudes towards content and potentialdelivery system: Teachers should have positive attitudes toward E-training and trust the benefits they will get from it
4. Learner Analysis:6. Academic Motivation: Teachers are interested in E-learning because: They can access to it anytime and anywhere All training topics are at one place. All training materials are available. If the ministry agrees to adapt this project,
5. Context Analysis: Environment: Schools (Computer labs and Learning recourses centers) or Computers at homes.
5. Context Analysis: Distributed Point: We will contact the "Human Recourses Center at the Ministry and provide them with the website.
5. Context Analysis: Managerial Support: Instructions are provided for trainees at each step. Ways of interactions are provided: E- mail, Facebook page and twitter account.
5. Context Analysis: Physical Aspect of the work place Any place with computer and internet connections.
5. Context Analysis: Social Aspects: Gender: Male and Female teachers. Age: Different ages, new and old teachers. Economic: Different economic levels. Culture: All teachers are Omani; non Omani teachers can also use it.
5. Context Analysis: Resources: Collecting Data Software Human Used Resources
Resources: Resources for Collecting Data We use different resources to collect our data, mainly we used this websites: moe.gov.om Adobe.com Prezi.com Courselab.com prometheanplanet.com Youtube.com Our lectures on Teaching Strategies course.
Resources: Human Resources: MS.Shika Al Hadhrami from Ministry of education MS.Kadija from Orkid designing company. Photographer Mohammed from the CET. Subject Matter Experts. Designer Experts. Our departments Doctors. Students.
Resources: Used Software Camtasia to design the tutorials Photoshop to edit the pictures Flash to design the animations Presentation tube to design the explanations. Captivate to design the Demonstrations Weebly.com, to design the website Format Factory MS Office Facebook and Twitter
Development of the Project: Prepare a Story board of the website and the workshops. Choose a name and design the logo. Collecting information and pictures. prepare the workshops in each. sections Design the website. Publish the website.
6. Evaluation: 1. Formative Evaluation: Stages Considerations Improvements Designers review - More instructions - Added before the site sections - Bigger videos size -Size changed - Buttons to move - Added to the other section
6. Evaluation: 1. Formative Evaluation: Stages Considerations Improvements Subject matter - The objectives of - Clear objectives & experts review your project are instructions at the not so clear. main page are added. - There are some - Fixed technical problems that need your attention - Some language -Corrected mistakes.
6. Evaluation: 1. Formative Evaluation: Stages Considerations Improvements One-to- One review - Need more examples - Added - add the ability to - Cannot be added download the tutorials because they are uploaded to YouTube, They can be downloaded from YouTube - Need more - A trainee guide were instructions to the added to the website trainees
6. Evaluation: 1. Summative Evaluation: We implemented our project in "Asilah bint Qais" School. We presented our website to a sample of teachers in different specialities. This implementation includes: pre-test post-test Evaluation Questionnaire
Summary of Evaluation Questionnaire Results: statements Frequency Agree neutral Disagree & percent Frequency 6 0 0 The use of website is easily percent 100% 0.0 0.0 Frequency 6 0 0 The content of website is clear percent 100% 0.0 0.0 Frequency 5 1 0 The goals of website is clear percent 83.3% 16.7% 0.0 The website sections is proper Frequency 5 1 0 percent 83.3% 16.7% 0.0 Frequency 4 2 0 The websites recourses is useful percent 66.7% 33.3% 0.0 After I use e-training website, I Frequency 4 1 1 prefer it rather than traditional percent 66.7% 16.7% 16.7% training.
Factors that facilitate the project We have studied some of the programs in some courses. We already have teaching practice this semester, and that help us in the need assessment and the evaluation of the project. Contacting with some teachers from the Ministry, especially from the Educational Technology and Human Resources Departments. Contacting some experts from the CET, especially from the photography and Video and Sound Departments. Contacting some experts from Twitter.
Constrains: Website Name Preparing a big amount of tutorials in a short period of time. Website Photographs. Animation Design. In designing the website, we use weebly.com, and we couldnt use all of the features because some of them are not free. In project implementation, only few teachers attended a sample of teachers.
Recommendations: It’s recommended for the Ministry of Education to start using E-training for teachers not just providing the workshops content in the e-content section in there website. We hope that this project will be implemented by the Ministry, and if that happen, the website will be continually updated and more workshops will be added.