Board Room & Meeting Room Audio/Visual System Design Guidelines
Date: (Updated) September 18, 2009
The Board room and Meeting room audio system was upgraded in the summer of
2009 to include the following features:
1. New JBL 8” coaxial speakers in the upper ceiling areas
2. New 4” Altec-Lansing in the soffit areas of the board room
3. New Crestron Control system in both rooms
4. New Polycom microphone processors (3 - 16x16 units).
5. New Extron audio/video switcher
6. New CD/DVD player
7. New digital audio recorder
8. Computer interfaces, audio interfaces, video interfaces
9. New microphones for board tables and podiums
10. Board room AV system was integrated with the meeting room AV system for
The existing legacy projectors and screens were reused.
The rear projection screens in both the meeting room and board room have been
permanently damaged through an improper attempt at cleaning . The screens were
also installed backwards with the projection surface facing out instead of facing the
The new Board room architecture and system design should include the following
1. New rear projection screens in both rooms
2. New rear screen DLP high definition projectors in both rooms with sufficient
lumens for viewing in all lighting conditions.
3. Display wall processing equipment in the board room to enable on demand
simultaneous viewing of any combination of voting results, program video and
4. PTZ Camera in board room with integration to broadcast live video from the
board room to the meeting room rear projection screen, video recorder and WEB
streaming system. Manual camera controls to reside in the control booth.
Automated camera controls should also be addressed.
Page 1 of 2
5. Upgrade of the existing WEB streaming equipment to include video streaming.
6. A new control surface (mixer console) in a portable control stand on wheels with
concealed docking station at the back corner of the board room to allow manual
operation of the AV system during special events.
7. New audio control board in the meeting room rear projector room for manual use
of the audio system during special events
8. New 12 channel audio snake with single multi-pin connector interface to the new
audio mixer console in the board room. Shake shall also function in the meeting
9. Relocation of the existing digital audio recorder and DVD/VCR player and
preview monitor in the board room to an accessible location in accordance with
the new architectural design
10. New digital video recorder in both rooms
11. New debate timer with master controls on the podium, at the board secretary’s
position and in the sound booth
12. New voting system for each position at the new board table
13. New display monitors to view program material at each position of the new board
14. Replace 4” ceiling speakers and back cans in the soffit areas with new 8”
speakers to match the existing 8” speakers in the high ceiling.
15. New video conferencing codec in both rooms with minimum 4 simultaneous
16. New PTZ camera in meeting room for video conferencing and event recording.
17. New digital recorder in the meeting room
18. Integration of the existing Crestron control system with the lighting and room
19. New Crestron control station at each entrance to control lighting in both rooms.
20. New wireless hearing for the disabled system in the board room with 12
21. Extend the building EST3 access control system to each door and install pin/prox
readers and strikes to allow card access through any door including projector
22. Replace dimmers and lighting controls in both rooms with new dimmers that can
be controlled an monitored using the Crestron system.
23. Integrate the Crestron control system with the building EST3 fire alarm system so
an active fire alarm will increase room lighting levels during presentations in the
board room and meeting room for safe evacuation.
24. Rehabilitate the electrically operated projection screen doors and front projection
screen in both rooms. Integrate controls into the Crestron control system
Page 2 of 2