List of Tongue Twisters:
Can you say the following sentences on the two lists clearly and
quickly? How fast can you say? Can you say them in one minutes? 30
1. Gertie's great-grandma grew aghast at Gertie's grammar.
2. She said she should sit.
3. She sees cheese.
4. We surely shall see the sun shine soon.
5. The two-twenty-two train tore through the tunnel.
6. The myth of Miss Muffet.
7. Tim, the thin twin tinsmith.
8. She sells sea-shells on the sea-shore,
so the shells she sells are sea-shells, that's sure.
9. Flee from fog to fight flu fast!
10. Six sick slick slim sycamore saplings.
1. How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck
could chuck wood? A woodchuck would chuck as much as he
could chuck if a woodchuck could chuck
2. Fuzzy-Wuzzy was a bear? Fuzzy-Wuzzy had no hair? Fuzzy-Wuzzy
3. Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers.? How many pecks
of pickled peppers did Peter Piper pick?
and here is the most challenging one:
4. Betty Botta bought some butter.
"But," said she, "this butter's bitter."
"If I put it in my batter, it will make my batter bitter."
So, she bought some better butter,
Put it in her bitter batter,
Made her bitter batter better.
*The list of tongue twisters can also be found on the English Department