Digital Media Solution
Traditional telco operators are competing with
cable and satellite operators in communication and
entertainment market as a result of deregulation
and realization of triple-play services. Owing to the
rapid development of broadband, cable and satellite
service operators can bundle voice service to their
TV and Internet service portfolio. On the other hand,
broadband enables telco operators to deliver high
quality video services, allowing them to compete
on a par with cable operators and satellite service
providers. Besides, vigorous competition among
telco operators further reduces their revenue and
proﬁtability. Triple-play services can help telco
operators to reduce churn and promote customer
loyalty. However, to guarantee long-term success,
they need to expand their revenue sources and boost
their average revenue per user (ARPU) by constantly
adding new services and capabilities.
IPTV is a new breed of TV service that can help
telco operators to stay ahead of the competitions
and sustain their long-term success. IPTV not only
supports convention broadcast television as of cable
and satellite operators, but also personalized on-
demand services and interactive entertainments that
can drive revenue for telco operators, such as TV-
on-Demand (ToD), Personal Video Recording (PVR),
online game and online shopping (T-commerce)
services. IPTV also offers consumers with full control
over where, when and how content to be viewed,
creating high level of service personalization and
enriched viewer’s experience.
Key Features and Benefits
DMX IPTV Solution’s unique Headline on Demand (HoD) allows
operators to offer on demand experience to their viewers without
incurring an on-demand sizing of infrastructure. Rather, operators
can focus their spending on revenue-generating trafﬁc.
Flexible Business Model Support
• DMX IPTV Solution’s built-in Revenue Management capability
offers service operators innovative ways to drive revenue.
• In addition to conventional billing and subscriber management
capabilities, DMX IPTV Solution supports new business model
such as Content Billing with content providers and pre-paid
payment option using Voucher Management Systems.
IP Network Aware
DMX IPTV Solution integrates the supporting IP infrastructure
including DSLAM and BRAS to understand and manage Quality of
DMX IPTV Solution Overview
Services (QoS) according to the subscribers demand. It dynamically
controls the video trafﬁc by analyzing the real time network
statistics and customer behavior.
Enriched Experience Future Proof Investment
• DMX IPTV Solution offers viewers the ultimate control over what • DMX IPTV Solution responses rapidly to the evolving business
to pay for. In addition to conventional packaged services, its environment and technology development.
pricing engine allows ﬂexible charging models such as channel- • The modular-based integrated headend platform provides
by-channel etc. outstanding ﬂexibility that allows service operators to quickly
• DMX IPTV Solution offers customers the greatest choices of adopt new technologies and introduce new service offerings.
how they can view the program, be it as live broadcast, video on • The best-of-breed standard based solution allows the adoption of
demand, time shifted TV, pause live TV as well as PVR program. late-breaking technology option easily.
Multi-channel Synchronized Experience Cost Effective
• DMX IPTV Solution offers viewers the facilities to access to • DMX IPTV Solution is equipped with a highly scalable integrated
program subscriptions and subscription account via mobile phone headend platform that allows decreasing cost per channel as
and PC platform. Viewers are guaranteed their TV experience number of subscriber increases.
through synchronous management on other platforms.
• Soft client based content protection approach allows services to
be rolled-out in cost effective ways.
• The ﬂexible conﬁguration allows the system to be conﬁgured
based on subscriber/revenue basis.
DMX IPTV Solution offers service operators a comprehensive and tightly integrated end-to-end IPTV solution, from content aggregation,
management and protection at integrated head-end to user interface and content presentation at customer end.
DMX IPTV Solution Architecture
IPTV Back Ofﬁce Integrated Headend
Middleware: an IPTV middleware that manages all service An integrated, all-inclusive platform to digitize, encode and process
components and directs user experiences. It forms the heart of IPTV incoming video signals
service with feature-rich capabilities including: • Lower cost of ownership
• Open standard interfaces and ﬂexible architecture for tight • Highly scalable modular architecture
integration with backend systems including 3rd party products • Supports triple-play services
• An integrated service management platform that provides:
TV on Demand (ToD) Server
• Total Service Management: the Interactive Program Guide (iPG)
enables true interactivity for a comprehensive IPTV service A compact appliance server with video recording and play-out
portfolio scheduling capabilities that enables comprehensive Re-broadcast,
• Triple-play Management: supports an integrated IPTV, VoIP and NVoD, VoD and nPVR operations.
Broadband service management • Tightly integrated withVisionTV for seamless operations and
• Revenue Management: applications for ad insertions, online management
quiz, voting, gaming and shopping • Centralized or distributed architectures with robust video asset
management, scheduling and distribution
Content Management: A back ofﬁce system which ingests, • Supports wide range of services from simple re-broadcast service
arranges, repurpose and catalogs media assets for subscriber use. to advanced NVoD operations
• Open standard interface (ADI) based design for easy integration • Enables simple VoD service to advanced nPVR operations
with video server and middleware • Full trick-play support for VoD and nPVR services
• Complete content management lifecycle supporting modular
publishing of services and content Content Protection
• Multi-format; multi-purpose content acquisition and publishing Content protection solution that enhances content security by
providing life cycle protection
• RSS feed support
• Soft client based solution
• LiveTV, VoD and NVoD publishing for same content
• Supports bidirectional broadband connection
Customer Care & Billing: a subscriber management and billing • Keeps track of content usage and distribution
system that supports life cycle business • Protects contents in storage and during delivery
• Pre-paid voucher management and post-paid billing management
• Content billing management
• Digital right management (DRM) and conditional access (CA)
• Agent Management
Service Fulﬁllment & Assurance: A mechanism / agreement in
“guaranteeing” appropriate bandwidth (service level) to subscriber
at the infrastructure layer.
• Open standard interfaces with QoS and QoE management and
• Policy driven and content type aware QoS control