1. Robotics is one of a few technologies that has the potential to have
an impact that is as transformative as the Internet.
2. Robotics is one of a few technologies capable of near-term building
new companies, creating new jobs, and addressing a number of
issues of national importance.
3. Robotics technology holds the potential to transform the future of
the country and is expected to become as ubiquitous over the next
decades as computer technology is today.
4. A key driver in adopting robotics technology is the aging population
that results in an aging workforce but it also poses a number of
challenges to the healthcare system.
US Roadmap to Robotics
• Teach Our Children
• Help The Sick, Weak And Old
• Replace Many
• Clean The Oceans
• Skyrocket Productivity
• Save Lives, Money And
Environment In Traffic
• Carry Out Demanding Surgery
• Make Decisions
• 3D Print More Robots
• Feel And Sense
• Be Emphatetic
From Classical Worker to…
Second Wave societies were built on the factory model, … the covert
curriculum aimed at producing productive and obedient workers that
included three courses:
• One in punctuality, to develop worker to be on time especially
• One in obedience, to teach workers take orders from a management
hierarchy without questioning.
• And one in rote, repetitive work that demanded men and women to
be prepared to perform repetitious work at machines or in offices.
- Alvin Toffler
… Modern Bohemian Entrepreneur
• Every job must be "creatified"; we must harness the creativity of every single
• The key to a broadly shared prosperity lies in new social and economic
arrangements that more fully engage, not ignore and waste, the creative
talents of all of our people.
• Technology does not force us into a preordained path but enables us, or, more
to the point, forces us to make choices about what we want our future to be
• “Cognitive skills have to do with intelligence and knowledge; social skills
involve the ability to mobilize resources, manage teams, and create value.
These skills literally define high-wage knowledge work: When you add more of
them to that work, wages go up. But here’s the thing: When those skills are
added to service work, wages increase at a steeper rate than they do in
- Richard Florida