How to use Periscope for
Real Estate and Business
The Social Leader
THE SOCIAL LEADER
A little about me:
• Owner of The Social Leader:
• A Social Media consulting and training
company based on helping businesses and
people better compete for brand awareness,
improve the growth and retention of their
clients and help them understand and profit
from social media and content marketing.
• Real Estate license (Now Referral) in NJ for 15
• Started under a year ago with just an idea of broadcasting
• Ideas like, watching a sunrise, or see the view of a protest
through the eyes of a person involved.
• Could be used for education
• Could be used for seeing the wonders of the world.
• For people to just talk with each other.
HOW IT IS BEING USED NOW
• The editorial community is heavily involved in this. Newscasters from
around the worlds are talking to people and showing their newscasts.
• Celebrities are talking with their fans and connecting with new ones.
• Everyday people are becoming ordinary broadcasters about their lives
and the world around them.
• Vacations are becoming places to show their beauty and
• Musicians new and old are using it to play their music and get
HOW IT COULD BE USED
• Marketers can now show their products.
• Service industries can now explain their services better than an
email or website.
• Training can now be done with large groups with your phone.
• Q & A sessions about business, products and services.
• Tours of facilities or homes can be given.
• And much more…
HOW TO USE PERISCOPE
• First lets look at the App.
• Presently it is only available to IOS users.
• The Android version should be out in just under a few
weeks, according to corporate.
• To get Periscope: download it from your App Store.
• You MUST have a Twitter account to have Periscope.
THE MAIN PAGE
• You will see present and past
conversations on it.
• The 4 buttons on the bottom are your tool
• The TV button is to see your followers
• The Globe is to see Global viewings and
explore other peoples Broadcasts.
• The Camera is to Start your own
• And the People is to and search for
people and look at who you are following
or is following you.
• Your picture on your profile will be the
one that is on Twitter.
• Make sure you fill out your profile so
people know more about yourself
• This is the area you can see your
followers and the people you are
WATCHING A BROADCAST
• When watching a broadcast you will be
able to see and hear the other person.
• To talk with them you will type to them and
a bubble will come up on a screen with
your comment or question to the
• If you tap another persons bubble
comment you can see their profile and
add them to your following list.
• If you swipe to the right while
a watching a broadcast you
will get a list of all the people
that are watching the
broadcast or have replayed it
• This a great way to meet other
• Click on the person you want
to see and it will give you’re
START A BROADCAST
• Hit the little TV button on the bottom of the
• Type in the Title of your broadcast.
• There are 4 buttons to use for broadcasts.
• Arrow, Padlock, Message, Twitter.
• Arrow – when lit up means your location
will be given out.
• Padlock – Means you can make this a
private broadcast for only certain people.
• Message – this will be only for your
followers to view.
• The twitter button will tweet out that you
are on and the title of your broadcast.
TO STOP A BROADCAST
• Swipe down very slowly from
the top and the stop
broadcast button is there.
• Also you will see a camera
there to switch the camera for
WHEN CLOSING A BROADCAST
• After closing the broadcast will be
• It will be available for replay for 24
• You may also save this to your
camera roll on your phone to use
for what ever you would like.
THE REASON YOU ARE HERE!!!
WAYS TO USE THIS FOR YOUR BUSINESS
• Periscope is an untapped way to get out your messages to
• Broadcasts will reach people to hear what they are looking for.
• Titles are important:
• Use Hashtags for Titles
• Title it exactly what you are going to talk about
• When speaking you will be multitasking: reading and talking
IDEAS TO USE PERISCOPE
• Open Houses – Show your open house and what is going on. Invite people to
• Previewing a home: This is a great opportunity to show homes to the public, but
more importantly to people you know.
• Use the private broadcast for people that are working with you, as a way to
preview the home.
• Do a First time home buyer seminar
• Do a tour about your area.
• Do a Q & A about Real Estate
• Interview someone in town (Public Official, or store owner , etc.)
• Show your listing, give a virtual tour and explain about it.
OTHER WAYS TO USE PERISCOPE
• Have a meeting with your staff
• New protocols in the office? Broadcast it.
• Have a meeting with staff in multiple offices.
• Training on marketing and using equipment in offices.
• All different ways to do live broadcasts to many viewers at once.
• Use as a recruiting tool – See what realtors are on and try to
talk to them about your company or team.
• If you know you are going to do a broadcast to the public, make
sure you let them know ahead of time. Post on all your other
Social Media sites that you will be on and when.
• To get followers, you must start following others. Watch other
peoples shows and look to see who is watching them.
• When you hear something you like that a presenter says, tap
the screen. It will show hearts and meaning you like what they
are saying or showing.
• The hearts do become important - as your heart count climbs,
your posts can be shown on the global list.
• Facebook: Robert C. Stern or The Social Leader Page
• Twitter: @robertcstern
• LinekIn: Robert Stern
• Email: email@example.com
• Phone/text: (201) 618-0975
• I am also on Voxer
• What to use
• How to use
• Ideas for use
• Interview with Mike Daly of Home2RS