By ROBERT KARPINSKi
Born in 1870, Into an upper class Russian family
Named Vladimir Ilyich Uylanov
The namesake Lenin is from the river ‘Lena’
•Marxism is the basis for Lenin’s political economic theory.
• Marxism was theorized by Karl Marx and Fredrick Engel's
They Concluded that:
• “The world is divided into the exploited and the exploiters”
• People exploit each other because of personal property
• The exploited will eventually rise up and overthrow the
exploiters, replacing capitalism with socialism.
Leninism, also associates personal property with
The revolution must be led by a ‘vanguard
of professional revolutionaries.
The vanguards main job destabilizing
the oppressive regime.
Lenin’s followers were known as the
WW1 drastically destabilized the country, creating a lack
of food and a tremendous amount of Russian
• 1916, The czar is overthrown, and a moderate interim
government replaces the monarchy.
1917, the Bolshevik party comes to power after
violently overthrowing the interim government.
After coming to power in 1917….
The state took control of all personal property, in
effect ending it.
• Socialism & Communism did not end exploitation as
was hoped, instead the state vastly misused its
power and became totalitarian country.
The Fall Of Lenin
1918, Lenin got shot in the neck at a rally:
• he slowly withdraws from politics,
• has three seizures,
• dies in 1923.