Be the first to like this
Influencer Marketing for a Leading Travel App - Increasing Sales Conversion for MakeMyTrip
Travel industry research shows a spike in bookings during October end, in anticipation of upcoming holidays like Diwali.
To capitalize on this surge in bookings, MakeMyTrip, a leading online travel site wanted to
- Reach out to potential customers via social media, and
- Promote its mobile app as a one-stop holiday solution.
Ripple Links was tapped to conduct a digital media campaign in the lead up to booking season. The objective was to
- Position MakeMyTrip as the go-to mobile booking platform and a pioneer in the industry.
- Motivate travelers to download, and book tickets with, the MakeMyTrip app
Ripple Links contacted 16 technology and travel bloggers from its network of social media practitioners with excellent readership and social media metrics. Bloggers were asked to write and share their blog posts on multiple social media platforms.
Based on the category of the blogger, these posts centered on one of two themes:
1. The Best Time to Visit A Specific Destination
2. Travel in the 21st Century
For the first theme, bloggers had to pick a favorite end-of-the-year destination and blog about it. The posts:
- Included pictures and explained why October to December was the best time to visit the particular destination in context
- Reminded readers that 'the best time to book tickets (late October) was just around the corner
The blog also carried a link for readers to download the MakervlyTrips mobile app.
The second theme saw bloggers create posts which focused on:
- The role of technology in contemporary travel
- MakeMyTrip's innovative deployment of devices like apps
Keeping these factors in mind, the blogs included:
- A review of MakervilyTrip's app and key features like Spotlight Search and App Indexing
- A link to MakeMyTrips mobile app
Once the Wogs went live. bloggers posted links on Facebook and Twitter with the hashtag #StayReady. They also tagged MakeMyTrip's social properties.
The blogs garnered a total reach of 400,000, not to forget a Total of 191,038 Social Reach and 1838 Social Engagement. The social posts also garnered 105,037 Impressions on Facebook and 86,001 on Twitter.