Breaking Bread: How the Family Christian Center Food Pantry is helping the community
1. A Rick VanWagner publication
How the Family Christian Center Food Pantry
helps sustain families in transition
• How can I
• How many
• Who are
can I help?
2. • Families in transition are comprised of so
many people pushing past the hardships of
life. From sudden career changes to housing
issues and relationship troubles, it’s
surprising how easily we too can find
ourselves in “transition.”
• Family Christian Center and its pastor, Rick
VanWagner, saw a way to help his community
and decided to craft a solution that’s fed
thousands of people in need.
A NEED RECOGNIZED
3. • The Family Christian Center Food Pantry
helps families and children of Lake County,
Florida. Below are some more facts about it.
• The pantry feeds between
800 and 1,000 families each
• The pantry has previously
supplied 70,000 pounds of
food annually to people in
• Thanks to a 2011 off-site
relocation, there’s now more
room for donated goods.
4. According to Pastor Rick VanWagner, who has
traveled extensively to minister at churches
both nationally and internationally, there’s no
greater joy than helping neighbors.
• Family Christian Center Pantry is located at
16215 State Road 50, Suite #302.
• The pantry is open from 9 a.m. to noon on
Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. To reach
the pantry, email email@example.com.
ALWAYS WITHIN REACH
5. • Food banks everywhere strive to meet the
needs of families fighting through adversity.
• According to the U.S. Department of Agriculture,
food banks distribute more than 2.5 billion pounds
of food annually.
• Donated goods often come from members of the
public, businesses at the local or national level,
government offices or other food banks that are in
a position to help.
• Rick VanWagner, a former town councilman, says
the pantry is always happy to hear from members
of the public with needs or those who can donate.
PREMISE AND PROMISE
6. To learn
FOR MORE INFORMATION