• Porto Santo is a Portuguese municipality that is part ofthe Autonomous Region of Madeira.• It has 42.48 km ² and there is 5,483 people living in thiscity.• It is one of the five municipalities of Portugal,which have a single parish, which has the same name.• The city closest to it is to Machico, on MadeiraIsland, located to the southwest.• The municipal holiday oh the island is on June 24.
• The island of Porto Santo was discovered in 1418 byJoão Gonçalves Zarco and Tristão Vaz Teixeira.• It is said that his name was given by the browsers that they found shelterfrom a storm that chased.• Perestrelo was named Grantee Island.• Being the first island colonized, it became the culture of cereals, tookadvantage of a dyematerial, the dragons blood, a plant knownfor dragoeira, now defunct, promoted livestock raising and planting of thevineyard...
• Your soil is quite sandy and very poor in nutrients.• Rainfall is very low compared with that of Madeira.• An island is extremely flat.• Has a beautiful sandy beach, 9 miles long.• Has lots of palm trees.• Is located in the Atlantic Ocean.• Is located 50 kilometers northeast of the island ofMadeira.
• The main industry of the island of Porto Santo istourism. Owing it to the beach and its temperate climate,many of the hotels and resorts were built in the twentiethcentury.• The island has a golf course that wasdesigned by golf champion, Severiano Ballesteros.• Also includes eight tennis courts and an equestriancenter (Ring Ana Ferreira).• The central island has an airport with regular flights toFunchal (15 minutes)
• The sandy beach of Porto Santo have therapeutic efficacy.• The greatest horse of Portugal is the equestriancenter port saint. Its name Obelix.• On August 28, 1960 was inaugurated the Porto SantoAirport, the first of the archipelago. The people housed there hadto move to a neighborhood built especially for this purpose,the New Dragoal.• The original lighting was made by Vila Baleira oil lamps that theCity had put in the mainstreets of the Vila Baleira in 1931. Only in1954 is that the electricity has replaced theobsoletelamps "petromax." That same year he alsobegan distribution network of drinking water at home.