For agencies and clients
• A lot out of the box - content management, entity relationships, user and
permissions management, SEO friendly, localisation.
• Power to non technical staff - PM’s, content managers, marketing staff
• Open source - Free framework and modules; no lock-in or fees
• Connected - Hundreds of community modules integrating with other
services, RESTful in core on D8
• Security - Weekly updates and an active security team. Highly tested
• Flexibility and scalability - Allows to grow on complexity or users.
Who is for?
• Content and workflow intensive
• Media and publishers (The Economist, NBC, Fox, …)
• Universities (Harvard, Oxford, Stanford, …)
• Knowledge bases (Autodesk, Pfizer, Johnson & Johnson, …)
• Community sites
• NGO’s (Red Cross, Museum of Fine Arts, Rotary International, …)
• Public services (White House, London.gov, australia.gov, …)
• Data exploration
• Dashboards (weather.com, NBA, Rio Olympics’16, …)
• Data insights and intranets (RedHat, PBS
• Commerce (Timex, Puma, Royal Mail, ..)
Who is not for?
• Personal page or simple blogs
(Squarspace, Wordpress, Blogger)
• Simple “brochure” websites
(Adobe Muse, static generators)
• Single or specific purpose apps
(node.js, Laravel, Symphony)
What do you think?
Ricardo Marcelino | omibee.com