1. What does the Cognitive approach
link mental disorders to?
L. Dysfunctional thoughts.
2. What AO2 point could you make
using the Biological approach?
A . The Cognitive approach takes no
account of Biological factors
3. Who founded the Cognitive
X . Beck and Ellis
4. What did the Cognitive approach
say was wrong with the Behavioural
S .It did not take mental processes into
5. What is the rationale behind the
E. The thinking processes between a
stimulus and a response are responsible
for the feelings that form part of the
6. What are maladaptive thoughts? H .Faulty thoughts
7. Give an example of polarized
J. believing you are totally worthless if
you are not loved by everyone you know
8.What is meant by overgeneralization? C .Drawing negative conclusions on
the basis of a single event)
9.Name two mechanisms that are
responsible for depression.
K .Errors in logic
10. Why is the cognitive explanation
useful for anorexia and depress
• G .It it considers the role of
thoughts & beliefs, which are
greatly involved in these problems.
11. Have cognitive therapies been
successful in treating stress and eating
12. With this approach where does the
concept of ‘blame’ lie?
Y.With the patient
13. Faulty cognitions may be the ………… of
the disorder not the ……...
14. What does NAT stand for? S .Negative automatic thoughts
15. What is depressive realism? Z. Negative thoughts sometimes are an
accurate reflection of the world
16. Is there research support for
maladaptive functioning being associated
17. What is Beck’s cognitive triad based
B .Negative thoughts about self, world