Successfully reported this slideshow.
You’ve unlocked unlimited downloads on SlideShare!
Why do we need
a trust machine
Output the correct results
You develop some
and always need they work "correctly".
• If your application require some input data
which are not administered by you...
• Why do you trust these (external) data ?
since the data owner is "Trusted by you",
or the wrong data is not a matter.
• It is a (close) collaboration.
• If your application GET some data
from unfamiliar API platforms,
and the wrong data will cause terrible
• Ummm, Why do you need these strange data ?
• Maybe you must use these data,
and someone monopolizes these data.
How to Trust ? (and vice versa)
• An easy way:
– Annex it => Only one platform => Centralize all data.
• But, data are valuable/expensive, it is
hard/impossible to be centralized...
– Sign an agreement (buy the data, and deal wrong
data will be punished)
– Sign the data (non-repudiation)
– Sync. and audit the data (much cost, more useful)
– Let 3rd party to help everyone => Centralize all …
What is the Cost ?
• Punishment, Audit, Time, Human
• The 3rd party will/can create the policy, require
fee, increase the latency, (balabala).
What is the State ?
• I own a data. => A single state.
• The data was transferred from anyone to
anyone. => A series of state.
• How to get the newest state ?
e.g. The data current owner.
How to get the newest state of all data ??
We need a way
• It can reduse the cost.
• It can help the application GET the
correct/newest data state easily,
and keep working correctly.
We need a protocol
• It can protect the rights, interests and security
of data owner.
• We need a architecture.
• It supports run-time scalability and does not
affects existed everything. (after a peg)
• Blockchain can be the solution.
• It is a trust meta-layer which is under various