Esports Entertainment Group (GMBL) is a licensed online gambling company with
a specific focus on esports wagering and 18+ gaming. The Company holds a license
to conduct online gambling and 18+ gaming on a global basis in Malta and Curacao,
Kingdom of the Netherlands and can accept wagers from over 149 jurisdictions
including Canada, Japan, Germany, and South Africa. Esports Entertainment offers
fantasy, pools, fixed odds, and exchange style wagering on esports events in a
licensed, regulated, and secure platform to the global esports audience at vie.gg. In
addition, Esports Entertainment intends to offer users from around the world the
ability to participate in multi-player mobile and PC video game tournaments for cash
prizes. Esports Entertainment is led by a team of industry professionals and
technical experts from the online gambling and the video game industries, and
Understanding the Esports Opportunity
The Esports audience skews younger and is global in nature…making it an attractive demographic for advertisers to reach
Esports Viewers by Age Esports Enthusiasts by Region
Sources: NewZoo, Nielsen, Company Websites
What is Esports?
• Esports is organized competitive video gaming that is watched as a spectator event. Esports were
already the fastest growing subsector of digital entertainment, and Covid-19 has only accelerated this
• The Esports audience is very valuable for advertisers because it is young, digital native and affluent.
Research has found that esports fans are more likely to be influenced by their favorite team being
sponsored by a brand than traditional sports fans are.
• Despite the vast amount of eyeballs, Esports remain dramatically under-monetized relative to traditional
sports. We believe wagering will play a major role in helping monetization in the space catch up.
Brands Active in Esports
Esports Worldwide Audience Size (millions)
(1) Esports Entertainment & Infrastructure (2) Esports Wagering
• Esports Entertainment Group (GMBL) is a Nasdaq-listed company operating in three key verticals; (1) esports entertainment & infrastructure, (2) esports
wagering, (3) iGaming & traditional sports betting. With the acquisition of Helix / GG.Circuit, GMBL has created the most diversified U.S. listed, Esports
entertainment asset in the ecosystem.
• By owning these diversified assets, EEG is well-positioned to take advantage of the rise in popularity of competitive gaming and the widespread legalization of
online gambling in the United States through: (1) proprietary data sources (2) owned-and-operated event venues and (3) enhanced wagering integrations and
The goal of the iGaming and traditional sports
betting segment is to provide profitable growth
and access to strategic licenses:
• Argyll Entertainment is a licensed online gambling
company in the UK and Ireland. Argyll operates
under the brands SportNation and Redzone.bet.
• GMBL has engaged Akur Capital, a leading capital
markets advisor specializing in online gambling to
further our aggressive M&A strategy.
The goal of the Esports entertainment segment is
to provide investors broad exposure to the entire
esports ecosystem including:
• White-label tournament platform
• LAN Centers
• B2B LAN Center and at-home software operating
• Analytics and scouting platform
Esports Entertainment Group: Approaching the Market with a Three Pillar Strategy
(3) iGaming & Traditional Sports Betting
GMBL intends to be the leader in the growing
sector of Esports real-money wagering:
• VIE.GG is the only esports-focused wagering
platform that has Tier 1 gaming licenses (Malta, UK,
Ireland, NJ pending).
• LANduel is a proprietary player-vs-player platform,
built in Unity, that allows for skill-based wagering on
third-party video games both in LAN centers and
Helix eSports: State-of-the-Art Esports Entertainment Centers
Esports Wagering Handle ($, bil)
• Not Your Average LAN Center – Helix eSports owns 5 esports centers including 2 of
the 5 largest centers in the USA. By providing world class customer service, esports
programming and gaming infrastructure, Helix levels the playing field in esports
• An Esports Experience for Everyone – Helix offers a variety of experiences
including casual play, competitive tournaments, STEM programming, high school
leagues, large groups and esports bootcamps
• Social and Community Hubs for Gamers – Entertainment concepts are at the
center of millennial and GenZ social scenes. Helix centers have become the
destination for social and competitive gamers alike with our 20+ monthly
tournaments and unique experiences
• Equitable Access to Technology and Opportunity – Helix centers provide access to
mission critical technology enabling STEM Programming, school leagues and
What makes a Helix Esports Center?
Helix Key Statistics
of a Helix
Future opportunities Include:
• Hockey rink of the future – youth, high school and academy programs
• Player-vs-player wagering in the centers / build centers in casinos
• Fight-night style streamer battle events, creating proprietary content
that can only be bet via the VIE.GG platform
• Event spaces to capture regional publisher & professional events
• Subscription and advertising revenue expansion
10,000+ SQFT 100+ High End Gaming Stations Stadium Seating for 500+Stadium Seating for 500+ STEM Programs & School Leagues
ggCircuit: A Vertical Enterprise Software Business
Esports Wagering Handle ($, bil)
web admin, PC client,
and point of sale.
center efficiency and
Assisting esports location
startups through business
planning and technology
ggCircuit’s goal is to help gaming centers grow their business through
easy-to-use esports software. This software provides player
incentives with coin rewards, prize redemption, and events to keep
them coming back.
• Potential backend for in-center player-
vs-player gambling ecosystem.
• Leverage in-game meta-data for
analysis and potential enterprise
• Expansion of on-screen advertising
• Mobile application and reservation
50+ Universities on the Platform
Strategic Enterprise Partnerships Emerging Areas of Opportunity
ggCircuit is a B2B software solution that provides cloud-based
management for LAN Centers, a tournament platform and
integrated wallet / point of sale solutions for enterprise customers.
A One-Stop-Shop for Creating the Future of the Casino Floor
Esports Wagering Handle ($, bil)Turning This… …Into This
• Casinos have a demographics problem. The average slots player is in their 60s and the millennial generation has shown very little interest in traditional
• Esports can be part of the solution. The average esports fan is 31 years old and has above average income.
• Competition is at the heart of esports. Our LANduel platform makes it possible for casinos to add skill-based player-vs-player wagering into their
casinos, attracting a sought-after demographic and creating a new revenue stream.
We have already had discussions with multiple operators who are interested in this offering and are working alongside the New Jersey Department of
Gaming Enforcement to ensure that it is done in a manor that is compliant and consumer-friendly.
With Helix, the ggCircuit operating system and
EEG’s gambling regulatory expertise—we are
truly the only turnkey solution for casinos looking
to enter into esports.
GENJI: Best-in-Class Esports Analytics Platform
Esports Wagering Handle ($, bil)GENJI ANALTYICS
• Genji is the esports-proven, publisher-trusted analytics provider for
competitive gaming, facilitating talent identification, broadcast
analytics, and more.
• Genji has already launched products into Helix eSports Centers that
create customized tournament experiences, leveraging both idle
computing capacity and uniquely proprietary data sources
• Revenue streams include platform sales to publishers, leagues and
eventually all competitive players looking to enhance their
gameplay through analysis, fair competition and roster optimization
Genji’s Technologies Include:
• Genii's analytics will potentially enable VIE.GG to offer tighter
lines on more esports events than any other wagering platform,
particularly when coupled with ggCircuit’s platform data
• Genji’s analysis tools can be deployed across both the VIE.GG and
ggCircuit platforms, enabling incremental revenues related to
tournaments, handicapping, scouting and more
• Genji can access new sources of proprietary data, potentially
including LAN center-collected facial, hand & eye tracking, to
enable unmatched assessment of skill in real-world environments
Emerging Areas of Opportunity
Capable of Real-
Across Helix &
LANduel – Player-vs-player skill-based wagering platform
Esports Wagering Handle ($, bil)
Player-vs-Player Wagering Market Needs Regulation – lack of sanctioned
oversight, standardized rules/equipment and identity verification has created
an esports wagering environment fraught with fraud, cheating and deception
Proper Tech Does Not Currently Exist for Online Wagering – Current online
platforms do not enforce minimum gear requirements or true ID check putting
competitive integrity at risk. No state sanctioned approval as well.
How LANduel Changes the Player-vs-Player Wagering Ecosystem
Consumer Facing Application Center Based PvP Wagering EEG Created Esports Event Content
Safe Player-vs-Player Wagering with LANduel– LANduel’s consumer facing
application enforces strict 4 factor authentication to ensure fair play and ID
verification. LANduel also holds close relationships with several major
game publishers to ensure events/wagering follows community guidelines
Center Based Wagering with LANduel Solves– Wagering at a Helix center
with LANduel integrity management allows operators to ensure fair play
and verify participant ID/eligibility. LANduel is working alongside the New
Jersey Department of Gaming Enforcement on a pilot program.
• What is LANduel? LANduel is a proprietary player-vs-player platform, built in Unity, that allows for skill-based wagering
on third-party video games both in LAN centers and eventually remotely.
Current State of Player-vs-Player Wagering The Future with EEG & LANduel
• $43 mil purchase price
• We expect the transaction to close prior to January 1, 2021. The transaction is subject to GMBL shareholder approval.
Proforma Revenue Guidance
• We are maintaining our F21 (year end June 30, 2021) revenue
guidance of $13 mil. We intend to provide an update to this once
the transaction has closed.
• We are increasing our F22 (year end June 30, 2022) revenue
guidance from $25 mil to $42 mil.
ggCircuit / Helix Transaction Multiples vs Peers
Esports Wagering Handle ($, bil)Public Esports Comparables Private Esports Comparables
-We view Skillz as the best comp for this transaction as it is the only asset
above that combines esports with skill-based wagering (which is what our
GGC/Helix acquisition opens the door for us to do).
-G-Loot raised $56 mil in early-October at a $143 mil valuation. The company
has a similar business model as LANduel (skill-based player-vs-player esports
• Creates a one-stop-shop for casinos & traditional sports franchises looking to enter the esports ecosystem.
• Owning the underlying infrastructure with ggCircuit/Helix puts us in position to control this new player-vs-player wagering market.
• Becoming a strategic partner to casinos / Tribes puts us in stronger negotiating position to lower market access costs.
• Strong publisher relationships
Sources: FactSet, Skillz S-4, Forbes, G-Loot Investor Relations