User Guide- A helping hand from Rang De to our Field Partners
User Guide for new
• This user guide is to help you while filling up the forms so that it will be
easy for us to know more about the borrowers.
• Please refer sample application form which we are sending along while
going through this user guide.
• Name should be in Capital letters.
• First name and last name of the borrowers has to be mentioned.
For eg. SUMAN SHARMA
2.1 Family Details
• Number of children:
Mention the number of female child and male child separately.
For eg.Suman has 3 children - one daughter and 2 sons
So, Please mention: 1 (daughter) and 2 (sons)
• Number of earning member in family:
– Reason for capturing: To know the sources of income in the family.
– Importance for Rang de to capture the information: To check the
eligibility of the borrowers for loan.
For eg. Suman has 5 members in her family out of which 3 are children.
Her husband is into Tailoring business and she is into catering
business. Then the number of earning member will be 2
3. Loan Details
3.1 Name of business/Work:
– Reason for capturing: To know the existing business of the borrower.
– What Partners need to do: Mention the existing business of the borrower
3.2 Purpose of loan: (It may be for the existing business or to establish a new
– Mention the plan for the investment of loan
For eg. Suman wants to buy new embroidery machine for her husband’s
existing tailoring shop or Mohan wants to purchase raw material for
establishing his agarbatti making business.
– Year of experience
Reason for capturing: To know the expertise of borrower in particular
What Partners need to do- Mention the number of years from which the
borrower has started the business for which the loan is needed.
For eg- Suman needs the loan for her husband’s tailoring shop
which he has running from last 2yrs. So here year of experience
will be 2 yrs
4.1 Expected additional income expected per month
due to loan
• Reason for capturing: To compare the expected income of the borrower
with the actual one at the time of evaluation so that we can measure the
impact of Rang de on them.
• What Partners need to do: Mention the extra income of the borrower
what he is expecting after taking the loan.
For eg. Ranjana is into catering business (tiffin) and she applied for a loan
of Rs.7500 and expects an extra income of Rs.2500/month after investing
the loan into the business. So please mention Rs.2500/month in this
5.1 Monthly Income
• Primary Source(Borrower): Here you need to mention the income of the borrower
For eg. Suman is into the catering business as well as working as a daily labor. Her
income from catering business is Rs.2000 and as daily wager she earns Rs.1000 per
month. Therefore her total income is Rs.3000/month.
• Secondary Source (Borrower’s Husband income): Suman’s husband is into tailoring
business and earns about Rs. 4000/month. So you need to mention
• Other Sources : It refers to the income of other family members.
For eg. Suman’s father in law is also staying with her and has an income of Rs.
500/month. So here you need to mention Rs.500/month.
7.1 Details of current/Previous loans
• Reason for capturing: To know the debt burden on the borrowers
• What Partners need to do: Mention the details of the loan taken by the
borrower from any other source like Suman has taken a loan of Rs.6000
from some local moneylender at the rate of 25% interest rate and she
has repaid Rs.4500. So the balance is Rs.1500 which she needs to repay.
9.1 Children education status
• What Partners need to do: Mention the education condition of the male
child like if Suman has three children (2 sons and 1 daughter) and her sons
has receiving/completed primary education. So you need to tick mark the
first option i.e.
All children receiving/completed primary education Please Tick mark
and mention 2 sons in bracket.
9.2 Status of females in the family
• It refers to all female children in the family.
For eg. Suman’s daughter is not able to go to school due to financial
problems. So you need to tick mark the option below:
Female child has no access to education
And in bracket mention 1 daughter.
9.3 Adult education status
• It refers to all the adults in the family (male and female both)
For eg. Suman, her husband and her father in law are not at all educated
then the partner needs to tick mark the option below:
None of the adult member educated
11.1 Sources of livelihood
• What Partners need to do: Please mention if the borrower has other
sources of income apart from the business for which she applied for loan.
For eg. Laxmi has applied for a loan for her basket making business and
apart from this work she works as a daily wager. Her husband is running a
Here you will need to tick mark More than two as well as Daily labor.
12.1 Health Insurance
• What Partners need to do: Mention if any of the family member has health
If not, then please mention ‘NOT APPLICABLE’.
17.1 Community Awareness
• What Partners need to do: Capture whether the borrower is aware of the
community problems or not and how much she is involved in solving those problems.
• Reason for capturing: To know about the community problems in the locality and
provide helping hand to solve those issues/problems via borrowers.
For eg. Kavita is aware about the problems in her community like there is no school
in the community and she is trying hard with other members of the society for
opening up a school in the locality.
So here please mention that She is aware of the community issues/problems and
willing to take action.
19.1 Dream of the borrower
• Reason for capturing: To know about the borrowers future plan so that we
can assist them to convert those dreams into reality.
• What Partners need to do: Mention their plans/dreams clearly.
For eg. Suman has a dream of owning a hotel in her locality.
Ramla’s plan is to open up a women’s training centre for stitching.
Any more information which you feel will help us to know
more about the borrower can be mentioned at the empty
space in the form.
Thank you so much for cooperating us.