My adventures in business of late have causedme to believe that, contrary to popular opinion,many entrepreneurs and companies are inspiredto do what they do out of a passion for theircustomers. Im also aware that the feeling is notalways, or even often, mutual.
1. Get referrals to Realtors whose clients lovethem. We live in a digital era, and there are allsorts of ways you can harness the power oftechnology to manage your real estate matters.But when it comes to the relationship issue offinding an agent youll love, your best resourcesarent technological: theyre human.
2. Scope out how they engage online. Once youhave a short list of Realtors whose past andcurrent clients love them, spend some timescouting out their online and social mediapresences:
3. Look for a comparable and compatibleRealtor. You know that I frequently encouragebuyers and sellers to pay attention to what wecall the "comps" recent sales of similarhomes in the area aroundthe property theyre lookingto buy or sell. When youre inthe market for a Realtor, though,consider looking at the Realtorsand their backgrounds through asimilar lens.
4. Tease out their track record. Particularly ifyoure looking for a Realtor to sell your home,its critical to get at their track record of success.This should not take much detective work - youcan just flat out ask the prospective Realtor. Infact, many Realtors will proactively offer you thisinformation when they come to a listingappointment with you.
5. Connect and listen. The next step is the mostbasic and possibly the most important: sit downwith prospective Realtors at their office, yourhome or a coffee-shop and spend an hourgetting to know them. Beforehand, make a listof your questions, your values, your prioritiesand generally the vision of your life youre tryingto create by virtue of doing this transaction.
Buyers or Sellers: what other suggestions doyou have in finding a great Realtor?
Randy BettInvestment Realtor/Author/InvestorReal Estate Professionals Inc.Better Group Real Estate202-5403 Crowchild Trail NWCalgary, AB T3B 4Z1Phone:403-774-7464 Ext:1Fax:403-208-0082Toll Free fax:888-711-6801