How to download ebooks from the library onto a kindle
Randolph County Public Library
1) Log onto the library’s website: www.randolphlibrary.org and click on
Downloadable Media. Then click on Digital Depot to get to the library’s
collection of ebooks.
2) Browse or search for an available ebook. Note the small book icon
in the upper right corner of the book jacket. If the icon is grey, the
book is checked out and you may place a hold on it. If the book
icon is black, it is available for checkout.
8.) At this point you will need to sign in to your Amazon account.
9) Select your Kindle from the dropdown menu, and click ‘Continue’.
10) Next time your Kindle is connected to WiFi the ebook will begin
downloading immediately (you cannot download library ebooks
over 3G). If you don’t have access to WiFi, select ‘Download now’
to transfer via a USB cord.
11) To use a USB cord for download, connect your Kindle to your
computer. Select ‘Save File’ and ‘OK’. This will save your Kindle
library ebook to the default downloads location. Then copy the
downloaded file to the ‘documents’ folder of your Kindle.
If you need help, call the Library reference desk at
336-318-6803 or bring your device to the Library
for one-on-one assistance.