• A productive activity for the members of
• Growing foods and vegetables can be a
source of food that ca help meet the
nutritional needs of the entire family and
the people of the community.
• This activity supplements the family
• Excess produce can be sold to friends,
relatives or in the market.
• is the process of cultivating the land
for growing flowers, ornamental
plants, vegetables, fruits and trees.
• Is the gathering of the crops upon
• Is the container or the plot where you
sow seeds before transplanting them
to a garden plot.
- refers to domestic foods such
as chickens, ducks, turkeys, quails,
pigeons and geese raised for meat
• Poultry meat supplies the protein
needed by human body.
• Is a profitable source of income
- it provides us with meat and
- duck eggs can be made into
balut, penoy and salted egg.
Ducks may be classified as egg
type and meat type:
1. Native ducks or Pateros ducks
- commonly called itik.
- used for balut, penoy, itlog na
good layer and the eggs are large.
2. Khaki Campbell Duck
- it lays as many as 300 eggs a year
- it’s a good layer.
3. Commercial Hybrid Duck
- world’s first hybrid duck bred in
- it lays its eggs at about 5 months
1. Muscovy Duck
- it is known as pato
- it stays on land and requires less care.
It feeds on palay and corn.
2. Peking Duck
- it’s a breed from China.
- it produces the first quality table meat
used in Chinese dish.
- it is good layer, docile and null
adapted to the Phil. climate
3. Feathers - cleaners
- costume and body
- comforters, cushions
Classification of Chicken:
According to Origin
1. Asiatic class (from Japan, Philippines,
Malaysia) ex. Mikawa, Nagoya
2. American class (Texas) ex. Texas, White
Leghorn, Rhode Island, Phymouth.
3. European class/ English (from British) ex.
4. Mediterranean class (from Lebanon,
5. Continental class chicken.
According to use
1. Meat class- lives maximum of 45
2. Egg class
3. Dual class
4. Fancy class
- Meat - Fats - Hair - Pig manure –
1. Meat - longanisa, sausage, tocino,
2. Fats –Anchor butter, and can be
made into candle.
Breeds of Pig
3. Poland China – most lard type
5. Large white
6. Landrace – most bacon type
Fishery – the business of
catching, taking, handling, harvesting, mar
keting and preserving and other fish or
conservation – future use
• Source of feeds for poultry.
• Good source of income due to great
demand for fresh, canned and
Fresh water Fishes
1. St. Peter fish (Tilapia) – raised in fish
2. Cat fish (Hito) – lives in swaps, canal and
3. Mud fish (Dalag) – lives in muddy canals.
4. Carp ( Karpa)
5. Gurami – fast grower, vegetarian and
6. Ornamental fish – like arouna, gold fish
“ Tabsing” – tabang, places near the river
ex. Bangus, Salmon
Methods of Fish Cultivation
1. Fish pond Method – refers to the raising
of fish in ponds.
2. Fish pen Method – requires net enclosure
in shallow protected parts of inland waters
such as lakes or lagoons.
3. Open Water Method – used in cultivating
mussels, oysters and clams, done in bays,
seas and lagoons.
Harvesting of Fish
1. Draining – done by draining
completely the pond water and then
the fish are collected using a scoop
2. Gill netting – used for selective
harvesting where the stock is of