Locate the following items:• Prior to lab: Please present the following items from last week’s classes with the substitute:1. Completed “Introduction to Meal Starters” notetaker2. Customer Service Terminology3. Four Corners/Four Squares Service Rules Handout4. Front of the House Duties Graphic Organizer5. “Find Someone Who” Handout6. Pressure Cooker Video Notes ]Write a one paragraph summary of last week’s learning. Include information on Starter Courses, Customer Service, Rules of Service, and Pressure Cooker.
• Tardies- 3 or more=Detention on Thursday, 2:30-3:30• Sign up for upcoming catering events (office door)• Health Dept. Visit: Reminders for cleaning equipment, hand washing, temping food, hair restraints, closed toed shoes, dishwashing area• Open House: Wednesday October 12th: Extra Credit for Attending• Quarter Project: Due Thursday, October 13th
• Note: Each student will be assigned a different lab duty. Some of today’s food items are for class consumption, some are for catering, others are pre-prep for Wednesday/Thursday classes. Be mindful of YOUR particular assignment
• ___Dishes washed & put away• ___Dishwasher turned off• ___All sinks are clean• ___All surfaces cleaned, no scratches• ___All equipment clean & turned off• ___Floor Swept (mopped where needed)• ___Laundry is done• ___Food is consumed or stored & labeled correctly• ___Classroom neat• ___Closure activity completed (this is homework if not completed in class)
• Tie hair back or put on hair net prior to walking into the kitchen.• Do not enter the kitchen AT ALL if you are not wearing closed-toed shoes.• Put on apron or chef jacket prior to entering kitchen.• Wash hands as soon as you walk in kitchen.• DishTech: WASH HANDS BEFORE TOUCHING CLEAN DISHES
• Bacon Wrapped Shrimp: Obtain Recipe from Teacher and report to work areas 2 & 3• Ranch & Blue Cheese Dressing: Obtain Recipe from Teacher and report to work areas 4 & 5• Cookie Dough: Obtain Recipe from Teacher and report to area 6• Veggies: Preview videos on following slides then report to areas 7 & 8• *NOTE: ALL STUDENTS MUST SECURE HAIR & PUT ON APRON PRIOR TO ENTERING KITCHEN. WASH HANDS IMMEDIATELY UPON ENTRANCE TO KITCHEN AREA.