Successfully reported this slideshow.
We use your LinkedIn profile and activity data to personalize ads and to show you more relevant ads. You can change your ad preferences anytime.

The Importance of Water Reuse: Five Reasons to Recycle Water

151 views

Published on

RMC Water and Environment provides consultation and planning services from its headquarters in Walnut Creek, California. An advocate of environmental stewardship, RMC Water and Environment maintains an affiliation with the WaterReuse Research Foundation. The organization emphasizes the importance of water reuse, as explored in the following list.

Published in: Environment
  • Be the first to comment

  • Be the first to like this

The Importance of Water Reuse: Five Reasons to Recycle Water

  1. 1. RMC Water and Environment
  2. 2. Introduction  RMC Water and Environment provides consultation and planning services from its headquarters in Walnut Creek, California. An advocate of environmental stewardship, RMC Water and Environment maintains an affiliation with the WaterReuse Research Foundation. The organization emphasizes the importance of water reuse, as explored in the following list. 1. Conserves ecosystems. All residents and inhabitants of an ecosystem depend upon sufficient water to live and reproduce. Diversions of natural water sources can lead to the deterioration or destruction of natural habitats. Water recycling can supplement the demands for natural sources of water and decrease the amount of wastewater discharged into the ocean. 2. Generates power. The generation of electricity requires water, with approximately 90 percent of power plants that deliver power to homes and businesses using water to cool electricity-generating turbines. The remaining 10 percent of power plants use the flow of water itself to generate electricity.
  3. 3. Recycle Water  3. Reduces water shortages. Droughts and shortages from natural water sources trigger a need for new water management systems, particularly water recycling and reuse. One international survey on water reuse concluded that shortages of water and the high demand for water played a pivotal role in establishing water reuse practices. 4. Provides water for our food supply. All sources of food--from cattle and chickens to vegetables and coffee--require water. Water provides essential nourishment to plants that provide year-round produce and crops for feeding and maintaining livestock. More than 90 percent of the water consumed each day goes toward food production. 5. Provides water for commerce. The manufacture of numerous products requires water. Manufacturing plants use water to produce plastics and paper, build cars, and turn wool and cotton into clothing and upholstery.

×