Child labor is a violation of human rights, it has
been found that this affects the development of
children, and produces physical and
psychological harm them for life. It has been
shown that there is a strong link between
household poverty and child labor, and child
labor generates more poverty to be affected
education for generations.
• INABILITY TO ACCESS TO EDUCATION: The
families send children to work instead of
sending them to school not having this
• POVERTY: Poverty is the main reason that
forces children to work and that poor
households spend most of their income on
• FAMILY TRADITION: It all begins when parents
ask their children to help them in their work,
then their parents force the children to stay
• VULNERABILITY: The low-income families can not
pay their debts and are sometimes threatened
by this, so put their children to work or are sold
to settle them.
• Physical consequences:
It is the risk of overstraining of the long working
hours, overloading, poor posture...;
and also found that some
work environments are
harmful to their health.
• Psychological consequences
Affected the construction of identity, entering
early this factor is affected as it allows
the child to interact with persons not
belonging to their peer group
that hinders the development of
• Social consequences
Affected interpersonal development with the
other children, because they spend their free
time at work without having the
opportunity to play and didactic activities
that enrich their
• Impact on education
Despite being referred to
in the law the obligation of
primary education by tutors
children evade the law and invalidate their right
forcing them to work.
• Awareness of the problem: in many countries
do not monitor child labor as governments just
say that this problem does not exist, this is
because these jobs are marginal.
• You must respect the international agreements
This agreement states that children under 15
can not work, the minimum age for work or a
strong applicant has been set at 18 years in
exceptional cases, in 16 years.
• The state should generate decent and
proper employment for people so that
these can be maintained in a sustained
way, besides enjoying the benefits of
• Most victims of child labor are poor people.
• The lack of access to education is the main
factor that encourages child labor.
• The lack of interest by the government to with
this problem only encouraged to continue.
• Child labor leads to the violation of