Dear project members – Dear guests, Warmly welcome to the third meeting when we gather the whole project here at Space Campus. It is a pleasure to see you all again.
My name is Johanna Bergström-Roos and I’m the project manager of the RIT project – with the objective to strengthen the space business in our region, in Sweden and in Europe.
We have 24 hours ahead of us and I think that we have a really interesting programme and I am quite exited to get started.
First we will go through some introduction slides.
“This is related to the presence of Nokia and Ericsson, but can also be related to research at universities in the area, says Anders Hersinger”
The programme is very dense and contains of key issues for the project.
We will start by presenting the latest news within the project. In our talks we will focus on the innovation eco system and present a couple of new collaborations since we met last time.
Finally we finish of with the workshop – were the objective is to get to know each others needs, weaknesses and strengths, and to identify common denominators for future R&D collaboration.
Wp 0 - Space for Innovation and Growth - Introduction - Johanna Bergström Roos
Space Innovation Forum 4
10-11 maj 2017
Johanna Bergström-Roos, Project Manager
Norrbotten best in innovation
• A newly released report from Business Index North
• Anders Hersinger, Prof. of Accounting and Governance
and Ossi Pesämaa, Assistant Prof. of Accounting and
Governance at Luleå University of Technology,
• The number of European patent applications per year
Business Index North (BIN)
is a project to contribute to sustainable
development and increased awareness
of business opportunities in the Arctic.
Funded by the Norwegian Ministry of
• Latest news from RIT
- Open Innovation, Peter Sandberg
- WideFind – a new space start-up, Kristoffer Ödmark
• Product Development by the Space Industry
• Workshop – Product Innovation led by Anna, Reza and Peter
• Presentations and conclusions
• Thought about next Space Innovation Forum
15.15 Four space companies present how they work with
product development and innovation.
- Staffan Brodin, Engineer in charge at GKN Aerospace
- Fika break
- Per Brodin, Head of AOCS Department at OHB Sweden
- Martin Kores, CEO at Omnisys Instruments AB
18.30 Mingel in the restaurant
Students are Welcome!
19.30 Dinner at Ferrum
13.00 Latest news from the RIT project
14.00 Keynote speaker, Peter Sandberg, innovation strategy RISE
14.45 Kristoffer Ödmark, CEO at Widefind – a new start-up
within ESA BIC Sweden established by researchers at
Luleå University of Technology.
Led by Anna Öhrwall Rönnbäck, Reza Emami and
Peter Törlind at Luleå University of Technology.
10 representatives from EEN – Enterprise Europe Network
08.00 Product innovation at SSC, Anna Rathsman, Senior Vice President
08.30 Workshop continues
11.00 Summary of Workshop
11.45 Summary of Space Innovation Forum 4
Contribute to regional growth
Attract competence, investors and companies to the region
Involve stakeholders locally-regionally-nationally-internationally
The space sector in the region has increased its capacity in R&D
collaboration between academia, industry and stakeholders in the
innovation support system.
1. Establish a Centre of Excellence
2. Perform R&D projects between Academy and Industry
3. Strengthen the innovation support system for space business
RIT – Rymd för innovation och tillväxt