Not carefully considering
seller’s motivation for selling
by asking details
Failing to prepare home
nicely, so that it catches a
Incorrectly pricing home
either too high or too low
Selling too aggressively
during showings and
Signing a agreement without
clear details in writing
Not providing potential
buyers with easily obtainable
7 Steps to Get the Re-sale of
Home Quickly and For the Best
1.Understand why Sellers are selling
This affects every decision they make, like –
* What price to set
* How much time is needed for property sale
* How much money is required in preparing
the property for sale
Helps you to find the answer to some
important questions, like:
Do I want a fast sale above all?
Am I more concerned with selling the
home for as much money as possible?
2. Before setting price do homework
Do research and careful consideration
Pricing tells buyers what they have to pay for
Pricing too high or too low can affect the sale.
Find information on homes in that area for
sale or sold within the last year
* A typical buyer views 15-20 homes
* It will recognize if your home for sale
compare favorably to other houses for sale.
* If your offer fail, your listing may not be taken
seriously. That home gets languish on the
* Gives wrong signal to other potential buyers.
3. Maximize sales potential of
Appearance is essential
Make your home looks and feel enticing
Ensure completion of all types of repairs Do
whatever elicits "WOW" from buyers
Ensure Buyer feels comfortable in viewing
4. Provide easy access to information
Buyers want details about your home.
The more buyers, the more competition.
More competition creates setting which
gives you upper hand in negotiations.
5. Make sure you understand the buyer
Direct pace and length of the process
Find what motivates buyer to purchase
Understand the kinds of motivations
Ensure you are aware of buyer's limitations.
6. Ensure the contract is complete
As agent, be sure to disclose everything
Be wise to exceed legal needs
Disclose any defects/ areas for repair
Explain all terms, costs and responsibilities in
Do not deviate from the terms outlined in
7. Do not show an empty home
It is more difficult to sell a empty home It
looks unloved, forgotten, and not enticing.
If seller moves out, buyers feel that seller is
eager to sell in a hurry.
Buyer gains a upper hand during the
negotiation process and lowers the offer
Following the seven steps will aid in:
1. Maximizing profit
2. Maintaining control of the sale
3. Reducing the stress of selling