Successfully reported this slideshow.
Activate your 30 day free trial to unlock unlimited reading.
8.1 Operational planning and Control
(previously ISO 9001:2008, para. 7.1)
8.2 Requirements for products and services (7.2)
8.3 Design and Development of products and services (7.3)
8.4 Control of Externally provided products and Services (7.4)
8.5 Production and Service (7.5)
8.6 Release of products and Services (8.2.4)
8.7 Control of nonconforming outputs, products and services
8.1 Operational Planning and Control
• Determine requirements
• Establish criteria for processes and acceptance
• Determine resources needed to achieve conformity
• Implement controls
• Documented information as necessary
Outsourced processes are controlled.
-New: Control planned changes and review the
consequences of unintended changes, taking actions to
mitigate any adverse effects (risk)
8.2 Requirements for products and services (Sales)
(Similar to ISO 9001, para. 7.2 but reorganized to consider internet/
catalog orders that don’t require extensive review)
• Customer Communication
-New: specific requirements for contingency actions, when relevant
• Determine requirements
• Review of requirements, retained information, handling
8.3 Design and Development (Similar to ISO 9001, para. 7.3)
• Design and Development Planning
• Design and Development Inputs
• Design and Development Controls
• Design and Development Outputs
• Design and Development Changes
- emphasis on customer interaction
- (planning) 8.3.2.a Nature, duration, and complexity of the design
and development activities
- (input) 8.3.2.e the potential consequences of failure due to the
nature of the products and services.
8.4 Externally provided processes, products, and services
(Purchasing, similar to ISO 9001, para. 7.4)
• Type and extent of control
• Information for External Providers
• Retained documentation
- 8.4.1 b. addresses “drop ship”
- 8.4.2.c.1. Take into consideration the potential impact to meet
- 8.4.2.c.2 The effectiveness of controls applied by the external
- Consider sister companies
v Terms suppliers and outsourcing are no longer used
8.5 Production and Service Provision
(Similar to ISO 9001:2008, para. 7.5)
• Documented Information
• Suitable Monitoring and Measuring Resources
• Monitoring and Measuring Activities
• Infrastructure and Environment
• Competent persons
• Validation and revalidation of ‘Special Processes’
• Prevent Human Error
• Release, delivery, and post-delivery activities
• Identification and Traceability
• Property belonging to customers and external providers (expanded)
• Preservation of products and services
• Post Delivery Activities
• Control of Changes (documented information)
8.6 Release of Products and Services (documented information)
8.7 Control of Nonconforming Outputs
(Similar to ISO 9001:2008, para. 8.3)
v Prevent unintended use or delivery
v Take action (including on post delivery product and services)
- segregation, containment, return or suspension of provision of
products and services.
- Informing the customer
- Obtaining authorization for acceptance under concession
- Upon correction, verification of conformity
Be the first to like this
Number of Embeds
You have now unlocked unlimited access to 20M+ documents!
Learn faster and smarter from top experts
Download to take your learnings offline and on the go
You also get free access to Scribd!
Instant access to millions of ebooks, audiobooks, magazines, podcasts and more.
Read and listen offline with any device.
Free access to premium services like Tuneln, Mubi and more.