Talk given by Rebecca Ferguson at the iLife event 'Health, Education and Lifestyle in the Digital Era' organised by Maastricht University at the Bonbonniere, Maastricht on 24 November 2015.
The talk focuses on the 'Visions of the Future' Policy Delphi study carried out by the Learning Analytics Community Exchange (LACE) project.
The study focuses on eight possible visions of the future of learning analytics:
1. In 2025, classrooms monitor the physical environment to support learning and teaching
2. In 2025, personal data tracking supports learning
3. In 2025, analytics are rarely used in education
4. In 2025, individuals control their own data
5. In 2025, open systems for learning analytics are widely adopted
6. In 2025, learning analytics systems are essential tools of educational management
7. In 2025, analytics support self-directed autonomous learning
8. In 2025, most teaching is delegated to computers
More details of the study are available at laceproject.eu